Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-30: Brewers (Burnes) at Braves (Toussaint) [Brewers win, 9-5 -- After trailing by 4-runs in the 1st inning, the comeback Crew dominates; Escobar homers in Brewers debut]

Eye Black
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
60 pitches through 3 innings. Get him out at least by 5.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I wonder if he isn’t getting a good grip on the ball with the humidity down there. He keeps wiping his pitching hand on his pants.

I certainly believe Burnes will continue to be an effective, if not dominant, SP based on stuff but fair to wonder if the sticky substance ban has significantly affected him (and of course many others)? Anyone have good info on spin rates for Burnes pre- and post-ban? Not savvy enough to know where to look myself.

You can take a look here. Plug in any pitchers name and you can see how much the spin rate has changed since the enforcement. His raw spin change is the 9th highest in the league. His spin rate is resembling 2018-2019 since the change.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/07/19/upshot/major-league-baseball-spin-rate-shift.html

I was watching the BBTN trade special on ESPN earlier this afternoon and they all, surprisingly, were quite high on the Brewers and said they are built to win in the playoffs because of how good their pitching is but they all also agreed that the Brewers don't have a good offense. Have they been paying any attention to their offense since they acquired Adames?

I was watching the BBTN trade special on ESPN earlier this afternoon and they all, surprisingly, were quite high on the Brewers and said they are built to win in the playoffs because of how good their pitching is but they all also agreed that the Brewers don't have a good offense. Have they been paying any attention to their offense since they acquired Adames?

I don’t think they are necessarily wrong. Where would you rank their offense against other likely playoff teams? I am a really big fan of this team, but the offense is okay, far from elite.

Brewers are 16-16 against the braves since 2015. Define dog crap.

Do you know what they are in Atlanta? My perception/ recollection is that the Brewers have lost a lot more series than they have won there over the last 10 years or so.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I don’t think they are necessarily wrong. Where would you rank their offense against other likely playoff teams? I am a really big fan of this team, but the offense is okay, far from elite.

I could be mistaken but I believe they're around top 5 since they acquired Adames.

I'm sure there are better offenses in the playoffs, but I would disagree with their assertion that the Brewers have a poor offense.

Do you know what they are in Atlanta? My perception/ recollection is that the Brewers have lost a lot more series than they have won there over the last 10 years or so.

Yah, we need a big bat.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I love this team
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Identical 1-2 records the last three years, 3-0 sweep in 2016.

Archived