Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-30: Brewers (Burnes) at Braves (Toussaint) [Brewers win, 9-5 -- After trailing by 4-runs in the 1st inning, the comeback Crew dominates; Escobar homers in Brewers debut]

Eye Black
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sit down again, Hader!

I’ll take crap for it again, but I would bring Hader in if the lead stays at 4. He hasn’t been sharp in his last few outings and it wouldn’t hurt to leave him a cushion.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Can we not rest hader again? He needs to get his reps so he can actually pitch up to his potential. Stop sitting him so much.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Can we not rest hader again? He needs to get his reps so he can actually pitch up to his potential. Stop sitting him so much.

It's an odd stretch, but there will be other stretches where we could use him every day. I'll take the rest whenever he can get it. He'll get plenty of opportunities in September.

I agree it’s not ideal, but I have a feeling there’s not going to be much concern about getting Hader enough work by the end of the regular season. Things will tighten up, and probably soon.

I agree it’s not ideal, but I have a feeling there’s not going to be much concern about getting Hader enough work by the end of the regular season. Things will tighten up, and probably soon.

This is a short term concern, not a long term one. If he only pitches once every 10 days, he is more likely to be rusty when he is in a tight save situation. One or two less innings now isn’t going to mean he can pitch more innings in September.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

This is a short term concern, not a long term one. If he only pitches once every 10 days, he is more likely to be rusty when he is in a tight save situation. One or two less innings now isn’t going to mean he can pitch more innings in September.

My point is, I’ll take an outing or two more of rusty Hader in August if he’s more rested and therefore effective in October. He’s going to have to be a horse then.

Archived