Brewer Fanatic

Anthony Rizzo to Yankees

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I kinda like the Yankees hoarding players that could be useful on legit contenders
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I kinda like the Yankees hoarding players that could be useful on legit contenders

Same. I don't know where they're gonna play all these guys but I'll take it. I suppose Stanton will be hurt again soon enough though. And I did see Judge playing some CF this year too so we'll see. So many big hitters it's crazy they probably have no chance at the division still. They got smacked by TB again today

Rizzo feels like a Yankee. Smell ya later.

I found this funny.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Verified Member
The yanks are going to try to out score their opponents because bad pitching besides cole

Cole gave up a boatload today. He's still good, but he isn't the pitcher he was in April and May.

The yanks are going to try to out score their opponents because bad pitching besides cole

Yankees offense: 415 runs scored (25th)

Yankees pitching: 407 runs allowed (7th)

The Yankees pitching has been much less problematic than their offense to this point.

Mikey likey

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Community Moderator

It sucks for the A's and Mariners who have a 1 and 3 game lead over the Yankees, respectively. When you have resources like the Yankees you just go out and fill your holes with the best players out there. It sucks for everyone else.

As a Brewers fan though...that's one less dangerous hitter in the NL Central :)

It sucks for the A's and Mariners who have a 1 and 3 game lead over the Yankees, respectively. When you have resources like the Yankees you just go out and fill your holes with the best players out there. It sucks for everyone else.

As a Brewers fan though...that's one less dangerous hitter in the NL Central :)

I think they are paying zero dollars for the players they have acquired thus far

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Seems like all these moves so far are taking the Yanks from above average to a little slightly more above average. The division is just about out of question and the wild card is crowded. Could very well be a whole of action to not even make the postseason. Cashman has done a really good job the last decade or so of not doing stupid things. Wonder if this is coming from above.

Seems like all these moves so far are taking the Yanks from above average to a little slightly more above average. The division is just about out of question and the wild card is crowded. Could very well be a whole of action to not even make the postseason. Cashman has done a really good job the last decade or so of not doing stupid things. Wonder if this is coming from above.

Rumors are that if the Yankees don't make the playoffs both Cashman and Boone could be out in NY. So this could just be a desperate act by Cashman to make the playoffs or at least make it look like he is trying to.

I am not sure I believe the rumors as it is probably just the NY media being the NY media.

I hate the Cubs. I hate the Yankees. But I have a soft spot for Rizzo because he donated $5,000 to the GoFundMe for my buddy's 4 year old kid with cancer. He's the first and hopefully only Cub player I'll ever remotely like.

I hate the Cubs. I hate the Yankees. But I have a soft spot for Rizzo because he donated $5,000 to the GoFundMe for my buddy's 4 year old kid with cancer. He's the first and hopefully only Cub player I'll ever remotely like.

I personally have been looking forward to Bryant and rizzo going elsewhere for a while. Both dudes come off very likeable and passionate about the game, and obviously both very good. They are the type of dudes I'd like if they played for the athletics or indians or really anyone besides the Cubs or Cardinals. It's a bit unfortunate that rizzo around up with the Yankees who you kinda have to dislike by default. But hopefully in 2022 they sign elsewhere and I can enjoy their talent a bit.

How is it that these big market teams can just acquire whoever they want with whatever crappy prospects they have? Did the Yankees even include a top 10 organizational prospect for Gallo or Rizzo? They don’t even have that great of a farm system. This just irks me.

Rizzo seems like a good dude. No problem with him.

You can still hate Baez :)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

How is it that these big market teams can just acquire whoever they want with whatever crappy prospects they have? Did the Yankees even include a top 10 organizational prospect for Gallo or Rizzo? They don’t even have that great of a farm system. This just irks me.

Other teams when the Brewers call about an established star: "Give us Hader, Yelich's firstborn son, an ownership stake in the team, and the retroactive 2018 NL Central title."

Those teams when the Yankees or Dodgers call: "Mmmmmmmm, table scraps! Can I get a selfie, Mr. Cashman?"

I guess I don’t really agree that the return was that light for Rizzo. Alcantara would probably be our top rated prospect. Fangraphs slotted him at number 2 for the Cubs. They put vizcaino at 11

Archived