Brewer Fanatic

Brewers acquire Eduardo Escobar from Diamondbacks

Eye Black

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Community Moderator

Cooper Hummel included in the trade return for Arizona.

From Jeff Passan:

Cooper Hummel, who has played at catcher, outfield and first base this season and is slashing .254/.435/.508 at AAA, is headed back to the Diamondbacks from Milwaukee in the Eduardo Escobar trade, sources tell ESPN.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Wow, did not see that coming.

A league average bat that can play multiple positions seems like the perfect Stearns player. Just not sure it does much for this team right now. Does provide depth in case the injuries from this spring happen again.

A league average bat that can play multiple positions seems like the perfect Stearns player. Just not sure it does much for this team right now. Does provide depth in case the injuries from this spring happen again.

Outside of 2020 he's been a 3.5 or better fWAR player in both '18 and '19 and has been on pace to be around that this year. I'd say he's better than league average, value wise.

Outside of 2020 he's been a 3.5 or better fWAR player in both '18 and '19 and has been on pace to be around that this year. I'd say he's better than league average, value wise.

Right, I meant average bat. His ZIPS ROS wRC+ is 101, so average bat. His ability to play 2B makes him above average in terms of value. He just isn't better than any current infielders.

when official, the brewers will have 39 players on the 40-man.

eduardo escobar is out of minor league options. he has never been outrighted to the minor leagues, but has enough service time to refuse any outright assignment.

Edited by djoctagone

wRC+ of 105 so far with a projected 98 for the remainder of the season. That's league average bat.

Right, I meant average bat. His ZIPS ROS wRC+ is 101, so average bat. His ability to play 2B makes him above average in terms of value. He just isn't better than any current infielders.

Could be a precursor to a larger deal involving Urias before Friday? Otherwise, I think these things tend to work themselves out.

very good, not amazing acquisition. I expect a couple of controllable relievers in the good category that don’t cost much and we’re set. well done
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman