Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-28: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (TBD) [Brewers win, 7-3 -- Every starting position player get a hit for the Crew]

Eye Black
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope Cain is okay. That may be more painful with the ribs when he wakes up tomorrow and starts moving around

Guessing tomorrow is a scheduled off day at least. Can't see Counsell playing him three straight right off the IL.

Kinda feel bad laughing at it, but couldn't help but do it when they shot off the fireworks for a solo HR in the 7th while down 7 runs. I know you gotta do what you gotta do and we were right there with them in that boat for 20 years so I feel the pain, but that just seemed odd.

They probably purchase so many a season and don’t want them to go bad? But I hear what you’re saying. I’m still in awe we finally have leadership that is consistently giving us enjoyable seasons.

Wish this could be pinned on every thread. What we are experiencing has never been done in our history. Consistently competitive is a nice change of pace.

----

And it was exactly what Stearns said when he took over, he's delivering exactly on that plan. long term multi year competitiveness like the Cardinals, rather than 'all ins' then sucking type style. It's kind of his Barry Alvarez 'better get your season tickets right now' quote.

The Cubs are just bad. Like really bad

Was thinking the same thing. Hopefully they don’t have too many games against the Reds the rest of the way.

After tonight the Reds have 7 more against the Cubs and 13 against the Pirates. Just 3 against the Brewers and 6 against the Cardinals.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Really does make you wonder why the Cubs are holding off so long on the real part of their sale.

Because it's a buyers market for position players this trade deadline, and they aren't getting close to what they were hoping for in terms of prospect offers for any of their fan favorite guys they really should deal now.

Aside from Kimbrel, I doubt any other Cub players potentially traded away in the next 48 hours has a marquee prospect package headed to Chicago in return unless it's a mega deal involving multiple teams and/or players that has the Cubs winding up taking on veteran contracts (Hosmer for example) in order to also maximize prospect quality theyd receive, too.. I doubt we see a complete firesale from them, to be honest.

Archived