Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-28: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (TBD) [Brewers win, 7-3 -- Every starting position player get a hit for the Crew]

Eye Black

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guessing we'll see Houser for 3-4, then Lauer for 3-4.

Would be nice to score some early runs again to take the pressure off a bit.

Hard to guess a lineup with no opposing pitcher, but I'll give it a shot:

1. Wong 2B

2. Adames SS

3. Narvaez C

4. Garcia RF

5. Tellez 1B

6. Taylor LF

7. Urias 3B

8. Bradley CF

Guessing Cain doesn't go back to back days just yet unless the Pirates pull some tough lefty starter out of their butts.

Kind of crazy that the longest tenured Brewer in this lineup would sort of be.....Tyrone Taylor (if you go by first game played with the Crew, Taylor is the only one to go back to 2019).

Ben gamel continues his grudge war against the crew, which no one cares about. the Mets may want to trade for him with how he plays against us.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

The real question is how much will we miss Yellich if at all.

It's very hard to believe we are better off without Yelich (possibly) and Hiura (for sure) on this team (in this lineup).

Who would have predicted this?

Ben gamel continues his grudge war against the crew, which no one cares about. the Mets may want to trade for him with how he plays against us.

I care.

I don't like former Brewers eating our lunch -- even if their team ends up losing the game.

Boy, the Yelich hyperbole is getting a bit much. I get being disappointed with him but he’s still been valuable for us.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Boy, the Yelich hyperbole is getting a bit much. I get being disappointed with him but he’s still been valuable for us.

That isn’t necessarily true. For a small market team shelling out that kind of money

If you add his salary in it’s really a hindrance

Let’s hope it isn’t an anchor on this team for the rest of his contract

I’m going to chalk this off as a bad year. He’s earned that. But I have no faith on him just flipping the switch this year

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

That isn’t necessarily true. For a small market team shelling out that kind of money

If you add his salary in it’s really a hindrance

Let’s hope it isn’t an anchor on this team for the rest of his contract

I’m going to chalk this off as a bad year. He’s earned that. But I have no faith on him just flipping the switch this year

He's certainly underperforming his salary. Nobody would argue that. But anyone throwing up a .390-ish OBP is not hurting the offense. Even if he's just slapping singles and the occasional double or whatnot, a .390 OBP is helping roll over the lineup and put runners on base.

9 pitches, 5 batters. Brewers were hacking that inning.

When the pitcher throws good pitches to swing at you have to swing at them.

I’ve said it in game threads before, but I feel as if the Brewers were sent up to bat with the instruction to take the first pitch earlier in the season.

Archived