Brewer Fanatic

christian yelich's experience on covid-19 injured list

djoctagone
This is the latest example of why I never worry about having “too many” guys at a certain position. Something always comes up to take care of it.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

I think they will be fine for 10 days without him. Has not really been doing much and with Cain being activated again they have such good OF depth. Taylor has been ripping the ball hard just about every AB. He should be playing somewhere every day and they can fill in Cain, Garcia and JBJ in the other two spots.

Hopefully that is true, and Tyrone gets to take advantage by playing every day. Switch off JBJ and Old Man Cain in CF, let Garcia handle right, and Taylor handle Left.

I know full well that this will not be the game plan that CC uses, but it is the one that makes the most sense.............................IMO

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I think they will be fine for 10 days without him. Has not really been doing much and with Cain being activated again they have such good OF depth. Taylor has been ripping the ball hard just about every AB. He should be playing somewhere every day and they can fill in Cain, Garcia and JBJ in the other two spots.

Hopefully that is true, and Tyrone gets to take advantage by playing every day. Switch off JBJ and Old Man Cain in CF, let Garcia handle right, and Taylor handle Left.

I know full well that this will not be the game plan that CC uses, but it is the one that makes the most sense.............................IMO

If you know CC won't use that game plan, what game plan are you expecting him to use instead?

So…Yelich only hangs out with Jace Peterson?

[sarcasm]Jace has been slowly sapping yelich's awesomeness, the effects to yelich being immediate, which explains his recent string of awesomenes.[/sarcasm]

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

It’s amazing that contract tracing only includes Jace Peterson (unless by some coincidence Jace’s exposure wasn’t Yelich). How can a bunch of the guys in the dugout not be included in contract tracing?

How can you definitely say you were within 6 feet of someone for 15 minutes or more? Tough to be definitive with that.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It’s amazing that contract tracing only includes Jace Peterson (unless by some coincidence Jace’s exposure wasn’t Yelich). How can a bunch of the guys in the dugout not be included in contract tracing?

Does anyone know if vaccination exempts someone from contact tracing protocols?

Perhaps Jace has declined the vaccine.

No intent of controversy… I’m just hypothesizing about why it would be only Jace.

Both Yelich and Peterson have been pretty bad the last couple weeks. I think Peterson may have stretched his magic as far as it was going to go, it was a good run though.

Past 14 days:

MryIg4L.png

Nice wRC+ from Yelich there

How can you definitely say you were within 6 feet of someone for 15 minutes or more? Tough to be definitive with that.

Don’t they wear electronic trackers for this? If that’s the case then it should be pretty easy. I guess I don’t know how many people are in the dugout at one time, but when on offense it it could be around 12-15 guys and a half inning can early last more than 15 minutes, so it seems very feasible that that many people in close quarters could meet the requirements. I’m just surprised that is only two. I’m glad it’s only two, don’t get me wrong, but I’m just surprised.

Don’t they wear electronic trackers for this? If that’s the case then it should be pretty easy. I guess I don’t know how many people are in the dugout at one time, but when on offense it it could be around 12-15 guys and a half inning can early last more than 15 minutes, so it seems very feasible that that many people in close quarters could meet the requirements. I’m just surprised that is only two. I’m glad it’s only two, don’t get me wrong, but I’m just surprised.

I wonder if the reason Jace got dinged was because he's not vaccinated. Maybe part of the relaxed rules is that, even if you're a close contact, if you've been vaccinated you'd need to test positive yourself before you'd have to be quarantined for 7 days.

The quotes out of the story seemed to stress only that Yelich was vaccinated and that the team was 85% vaccinated or better. Just a guess.

Most Brewers received the 1 shot Johnson & Johnson, for whatever that's worth.

These vaccines don't make you immune. They cause your body to produce antibodies to combat the virus should you get it. I did hear the J & J is not as effective as the Pfizer and Moderna.

Yelich should recover quickly seeing he is young and healthy. This break might be good for him. Let's hope having some time off will be the elixir he needs to get him back on track at the plate.

Ok guys, probably worth noting that this thread is the place to discuss factual items related to the Yelich situation and isn’t going to be a place for opinions regarding the virus, vaccines, etc. Mod tolerance of anything else will be nonexistent.

Thanks for keeping this thread on track.

I hope my previous post wasn't going off protocols here. :embarrassed

Dude has a virus that he needs to recover from. On a board with members that speculate regularly that he hasn't fully recovered (physically or mentally, take your pick) from his kneecap injury in 2019, it seems silly to suggest this is just a 10-day break for him. I hope he recovers completely, but, assuming he needs to be away from the team and facilities until he clears protocol, I cannot imagine that this will make him a better baseball player when he comes back.

And how strict is the quarantine, like can he get a personal coach to do BP with, etc? A mental break is probably good for him right now and maybe taking some time to focus without game pressure on fixing things could possibly help (IDK of course). But yes as was just said, not ideal to deal with this at the same time, especially if he's not allowed to do anything but sit in his house.

Archived