Brewer Fanatic

christian yelich's experience on covid-19 injured list

djoctagone

This was why the team plane flew this morning instead of last night.

Yelich has mild symptoms. "It's our hope he can knock this out quickly and feel better quickly," Stearns said.

Yelich is out a minimum 10 days from when he tested positive.

Peterson is 7 days.

Well, this helps his back recover more. Additionally, this means more time for TT to show what he’s got. Could be a great thing if it helps both guys and the team the rest of the year.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Well, this helps his back recover more. Additionally, this means more time for TT to show what he’s got. Could be a great thing if it helps both guys and the team the rest of the year.

It's a bit of a stretch saying a guy getting covid is a great thing

It's a bit of a stretch saying a guy getting covid is a great thing

I mean I get the intent behind what he is saying. It's why I wasn't really worked up when Burnes got COVID-19 earlier this season because it just basically worked into his load management for the season.

Yeah second to that. There is nothing great about getting covid.

I don't think anyone is really suggesting otherwise. Fortunately, he'd been vaccinated and part of the point of that should be at work here with him being mildly symptomatic at home instead of anything more serious. I expect he'll be back around the minimum stay time and hopefully the time off will help.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Tom

@Haudricourt

Yelich being vaccinated is likely why he experienced "mild symptoms" and nothing worse. Medical experts say vaccines don't guarantee not being infected but in nearly all cases prevent hospitalization and death.

Nothing else to say but that this is 100% spot on.

Right, everyone knows this is possible. Which leads me to think these protocols might be a bit excessive, guys can still technically get it but the vaccine vastly reduces the seriousness of it for all involved.

Tom

@Haudricourt

Yelich being vaccinated is likely why he experienced "mild symptoms" and nothing worse. Medical experts say vaccines don't guarantee not being infected but in nearly all cases prevent hospitalization and death.

Nothing else to say but that this is 100% spot on.

Whether Yelich was vaccinated or not, he would very likely experience mild symptoms and nothing worse.

Ok guys, probably worth noting that this thread is the place to discuss factual items related to the Yelich situation and isn’t going to be a place for opinions regarding the virus, vaccines, etc. Mod tolerance of anything else will be nonexistent.

Thanks for keeping this thread on track.

So…Yelich only hangs out with Jace Peterson?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Just hoping more cases don't pop up now!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I did extensive contact tracing on Mr. Yelich and determined that he was in the dugout with the rest of the team. The Brewers will now field a team made up solely of relief pitchers.

I think they will be fine for 10 days without him. Has not really been doing much and with Cain being activated again they have such good OF depth. Taylor has been ripping the ball hard just about every AB. He should be playing somewhere every day and they can fill in Cain, Garcia and JBJ in the other two spots.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived