Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-27: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Anderson) [Brewers win, 9-0 -- Multi-hit night for 5 Crew batters]

Eye Black

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

Tyler Anderson has been very good against the current Brewers bats. The Brewers hitters are 6-for-35 with just one extra base hit (a double), two walks, and 10 strikeouts against Anderson.

The good news for the Brewers is that Anderson is expected to be traded this week and there is at least a chance it could happen before the first pitch tonight.

Adding the lineups to this post…

E7VZR_xWEAQ5TD0?format=jpg&name=small

E7VZxdHWUAQiTv-?format=jpg&name=small

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sorry Yeli, you platoon until you K less. You're not getting paid to draw walks.

Wong 2B

Urias 3B

Adames SS

Garcia RF

Taylor CF

Tellez 1B

Cain CF

Pina C

Anderson P

Counsell has done some crazy stuff defensively over the years, but two centerfielders is pretty novel, even for him.

T. Anderson shut out the Brewers to end their 11 game winning streak. Just one of several lefty starters to befuddle the Brewers recently. Hopefully the success against Rodon will signal a reversal of that trend.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Are we sure Tyler Anderson will actually be pitching today? I feel like there's a very real chance he gets traded before this game starts.

Per Heyman, the Pirates prefer to trade Anderson before tonight’s start. So yeah, it’s possible.

Sorry Yeli, you platoon until you K less. You're not getting paid to draw walks.

Wong 2B

Urias 3B

Adames SS

Garcia RF

Taylor CF

Tellez 1B

Cain CF

Pina C

Anderson P

I agree with that and the folks you have in your lineup. My order was not the same, but we'll see what CC does. CY needs some time off, IMO

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Anderson has to be the all time leader in last names for pitchers in baseball history

This is already the 2nd Anderson vs Anderson matchup of the season (Ian Anderson of ATL back in May.) And with a series vs PHI in September, and Chase newly activated, the elusive Anderson vs Anderson trifecta could be in play.

From Robert Murray…

Sources: Phillies close to acquiring Tyler Anderson from Pirates.

Between this and Frazier now playing in San Diego, this makes me happy. Can they hurry up and trade Moran and Newman while they're at it?

Especially Moran. And to an AL club please. Get him far far away from having to rake against us.

Archived