Brewer Fanatic

Trade Deadline Rumors

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm really not interested in Story. His numbers are pumped up by the Coors affect.

.242/.310/.435 for a .745 OPS on the road in his career. For what he is going to cost, its just not worth it IMO.

Couldn't agree more. Would not be excited at all if we acquired Story.

Story scares me as well.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I would love Gallo as well.

I think something like Mitchell/Turang would be a strong offer. Or you could go Mitchell OR Turang, plus Hiura and Ashby. That would be good as well.

But I think other teams will be able to outbid us - simply with higher ranked talent. The Yankees could give up Dominguez, for instance. The Padres have Gore and Abrams and Campusano. This is going on the guess that Texas would take one very high valued prospect as opposed to 2-3 lesser guys (but still good - just not elite prospects).

You just know Stearns has something big cooking and its going to be for someone that hasn't been mentioned in rumors. It seems that is usually how he operates.

It's my birthday so I am hoping for a nice present today ;)

Things have been eerily quiet on the Brewers front.

I am wondering is Stearns did most of his shopping early this year.

I’m certainly not the first to say it here, but yeah, between Adames and maybe Rowdy, he may already have made the most impactful moves they will make this season.

I’m certainly not the first to say it here, but yeah, between Adames and maybe Rowdy, he may already have made the most impactful moves they will make this season.

Also pretty crazy when you consider the bullpen was sitting with a 4.59 ERA (23rd) / 4.83 FIP (27th) when they sent out JPF & Rasmussen for Adames but has pitched to the tune of a 2.78 ERA (2nd) / 3.79 FIP (5th) since the trade.

Also pretty crazy when you consider the bullpen was sitting with a 4.59 ERA (23rd) / 4.83 FIP (27th) when they sent out JPF & Rasmussen for Adames but has pitched to the tune of a 2.78 ERA (2nd) / 3.79 FIP (5th) since the trade.

ERA being a full run better than FIP is pretty cool to see. Building around defense seems to have played well.

ERA being a full run better than FIP is pretty cool to see. Building around defense seems to have played well.

Should help the Brewers case if they’re in the market for pitchers either on expiring contracts or 1 year deals next year. Count me all the way in on Gallo as long as Mitchell is still in the system come Friday at 4 PM.

This is hard for me to believe. I fully expect some relief help but with Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta leading the rotation and Hader closing things out Stearns knows he has to take advantage of an elite pitching staff. We have been scoring runs lately but it is obvious that offense is one of our more glaring needs especially with Yelich/Hiura not coming around. If he makes a move I think it is a splash for a big name. I don't see the value in adding the David Peralta's of the world.

Edited by jonescm128

This is hard for me to believe. I fully expect some relief help but with Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta leading the rotation and Hader closing things out Stearns knows he has to take advantage of an elite pitching staff. We have been scoring runs lately but I it is obvious that offense is one of our more glaring needs especially with Yelich/Hiura not coming around.

Would relief help be more impactful than the Adames trade?

Community Moderator
I'd like to pick up a back end bullpen guy but otherwise I'm fine if they don't make any moves. A salary pickup to bolster the rotation like Scherzer would be a dream but seems very, very unlikely.

I mean who looks at their roster(if your the Brewers), then look at the Padres, Giants and Dodgers rosters, plus see them making moves and go "nah, we're good"??

What’s the Brewers’ record vs the Padres and Dodgers this year?

Also, what moves have the Dodgers and Giants actually made thus far?

"Stearns/Brewers never let leaks/rumors out."

And we know this....how? Plenty of rumors around the Brewers come out.

I would tend to agree there are less Brewers rumors compared to other teams, but that is largely due to us being a small market. Reporters want to report on big markets...not us. Probably helps we rarely go after major players aggressively like other teams do. Brewers do a good job keeping things in house, but I am sure plenty Brewer related rumors are coming out of our side.