Brewer Fanatic

Trade Deadline Rumors

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best comparable I can find for trading for Scherzer is probably the Greinke trade with the Angels. The Angels sent us Segura, Johnny Hellweg, and Ariel Pena...also they took on the remaining 5 mil of his contract. Segura was the Angels top prospect at the time and was rated in the top 100 mlb prospects(i'm assuming trout graduated by this time). Hellweg and Pena were both in the Angels organizational top 10 as high ceiling low floor types.

Considering the demand for Scherzer, I'm expecting at least a somewhat similar value package going back to Washington. This is the type of guy that can put a team over the top and it's easy to imagine a team overpaying for him.

I actually hate this time of year...you hear about the Brewers inquiring about Donaldson, you hear them inquiring about Story, or other big names at the deadline, and they end up making some puddle jumper moves instead. Mostly because I assume they consider the price "cost prohibitive". Listen, in a year like this when you have the pitching you have, and the window you have, nothing should be too prohibitive. It's not like you'll have to give up one of the 3 pitchers, or any other untouchables in a deal. It just comes down to them being gun shy.

I think a lot of the reason you hate this time of year is likely because you set unrealistic expectations on the forthcoming moves which inevitably leads to being let down.

You could reasonably argue that if the Brewers made no more moves right now, that they made the most impactful trade of the regular season of 2021 in acquiring Willy Adames.

How are they unrealistic?? Because I actually expect the team I'm a fan of to play "big boy" baseball at the trade deadline and show the baseball world that they are serious about contending for a world series title and not being satisfied with a strategy of "let's just get to the playoffs and hope everything falls into place. They could make 5 moves and none of them work, and I'd be the 1st one applauding them for at least trying.

I can absolutely guarantee you this much...if i ran this ball club, the trade deadline every year would be VERY exciting. I'd show everyone I'm not messing around. On top of that, I'd continue to win and NOT empty the farm. Plus, I'd be active in free agency and not do my shopping at walmart every offseason.

"Brewcrewin07"]

I actually hate this time of year...you hear about the Brewers inquiring about Donaldson, you hear them inquiring about Story, or other big names at the deadline, and they end up making some puddle jumper moves instead. Mostly because I assume they consider the price "cost prohibitive". Listen, in a year like this when you have the pitching you have, and the window you have, nothing should be too prohibitive. It's not like you'll have to give up one of the 3 pitchers, or any other untouchables in a deal. It just comes down to them being gun shy.

I think a lot of the reason you hate this time of year is likely because you set unrealistic expectations on the forthcoming moves which inevitably leads to being let down.

How are they unrealistic?? Because I actually expect the team I'm a fan of to play "big boy" baseball at the trade deadline and show the baseball world that they are serious about contending for a world series title and not being satisfied with a strategy of "let's just get to the playoffs and hope everything falls into place. They could make 5 moves and none of them work, and I'd be the 1st one applauding them for at least trying.

I can absolutely guarantee you this much...if i ran this ball club, the trade deadline every year would be VERY exciting. I'd show everyone I'm not messing around. On top of that, I'd continue to win and NOT worry about "prospects". Plus, I'd be active in free agency and not do my shopping at walmart every off season

Edited by Brewcrewin07

You could reasonably argue that if the Brewers made no more moves right now, that they made the most impactful trade of the regular season of 2021 in acquiring Willy Adames.

I can absolutely guarantee you this much...if i ran this ball club, the trade deadline every year would be VERY exciting. I'd show everyone I'm not messing around. On top of that, I'd continue to win and NOT empty the farm. Plus, I'd be active in free agency and not do my shopping at walmart every offseason.

Well, I sincerely hope you get your shot, preferably with the Cubs or Cardinals front office.

Here I thought you were just some random fan posting on an internet message board, I didn't realize you were offering absolute guarantees.

Anyone have Mark A's phone number?

Still four days to the deadline.

It's never too late.

Here I thought you were just some random fan posting on an internet message board, I didn't realize you were offering absolute guarantees.

It's never too late.

Hey, it's no different than a vast majority here who absolutely adore "prospects". It's like they know for a fact they will end up being good. In fact, the way they talk about them(like they are gold) you would think they are guaranteeing they will be great. :rolleyes

It's never too late.

Hey, it's no different than a vast majority here who absolutely adore "prospects". It's like they know for a fact they will end up being good. In fact, the way they talk about them(like they are gold) you would think they are guaranteeing they will be great. :rolleyes

Strawman. Please find me one post where anyone offered an "absolute guarantee" on any prospect.

Offering absolute guarantees that you have no way of actually fulfilling only makes your already tenuous position even less credible.

It is a stone cold lock guarantee that if I ran NASA people would be living on Mars right now. NASA just doesn't play big boy space travel stuff and is way to cautious. Every one would know I was, like, big time serious.
but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Verified Member

I'm excited, seems like a big move will be coming for the Brewers (please not Eric Hosmer...)

Looks like Turner was pulled from the Nats game.

He has the covid.

What exactly is MLB's testing protocol? Seems counterproductive that players frequently only learn of a positive test after the game has started :laughing

Well I guess my Scherzer to Brewers hopes don't look good. Hope he winds up in the AL then.

Was never going to happen...I think we all actually knew that, but we get caught up in the "what if" part of the deadline stuff.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Well I guess my Scherzer to Brewers hopes don't look good. Hope he winds up in the AL then.

Was never going to happen...I think we all actually knew that, but we get caught up in the "what if" part of the deadline stuff.

Eh. There are always exceptions, like CC Sabathia. You just never know when it actually will happen.

Starting to get a bit nervous...If Giants get Bryant, Pads already acquired Frazier, you know Dodgers will do something...again, you should never make moves because of what the competition is doing, but you must be mindful of it, I think.

Jon Morosi

@jonmorosi

·

52s

Sources: The #SFGiants have spoken with the #Cubs about Kris Bryant, and the Cubs are evaluating 24-year-old catcher Joey Bart as one candidate to be requested on their side of the talks. Bart has a .904 OPS this year at Triple-A.

@MLB

@MLBNetwork

Starting to get a bit nervous...If Giants get Bryant, Pads already acquired Frazier, you know Dodgers will do something...again, you should never make moves because of what the competition is doing, but you must be mindful of it, I think.

Jon Morosi

@jonmorosi

·

52s

Sources: The #SFGiants have spoken with the #Cubs about Kris Bryant, and the Cubs are evaluating 24-year-old catcher Joey Bart as one candidate to be requested on their side of the talks. Bart has a .904 OPS this year at Triple-A.

@MLB

@MLBNetwork

If Joey Bart is a realistic expectation for a 2 month rental of Kris Bryant, this is a big time seller's market.