Eduardo Escobar

for

Alberto Ciprion

Payton Henry

JP Feyereisen

Drew Rasmussen

Reese Olson

Cooper Hummel

Only Escobar and Norris are rentals. Not too mention Hunter Strickland too.

Am I missing something??? That's some next level stuff right there.

When you spell it out like this, it really does look insane on paper that we turned those names into significant big-league contributors.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to lie. Horrible trade deadline for Stearns. We have an opportunity to win the World Series and Escobar…who I wanted…was the only guy we got? Really? Trevor Plouff…go walk a plank.

Willy Adames was a better acquisition than anyone we could have gotten this week. Stearns unlike a lot of these GMs has been working for months so he wouldn't have to scramble out of desperation at the last minute and give away our best prospects for rentals.

Word

Not going to lie. Horrible trade deadline for Stearns. We have an opportunity to win the World Series and Escobar…who I wanted…was the only guy we got? Really? Trevor Plouff…go walk a plank.

Just pretend they got Adames today instead of back in May

No, that is a horrible way to look at it. We are in the position we are in now because of that trade…yes, but we had an opportunity to punctuate it with some major exclamation marks. Go get Buxton. Go get inglesias.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
How crazy that the end results of Stearns trades this season have been:

Willy Adames

Rowdy Tellez

John Curtiss

Daniel Norris

Eduardo Escobar

for

Alberto Ciprion

Payton Henry

JP Feyereisen

Drew Rasmussen

Reese Olson

Cooper Hummel

Bowden Francis went in the deal for Tellez.

I guess at some point when you're pretty set on the roster it's hard to see how certain guys would help. Scherzer sure, but he wanted to go West and had control of that. Where would Story play? Do you think he is going to outproduce Adames? I don't. Voit maybe, but does he move the needle at all over Rowdy? I don't know.

I don't know who they should have gotten. Any other rotation options have to be a notable upgrade over Anderson and Lauer and Houser. Besides Scherzer, who out there was? Some bullpen depth always makes sense, and that's exactly what we did.

No, that is a horrible way to look at it. We are in the position we are in now because of that trade…yes, but we had an opportunity to punctuate it with some major exclamation marks. Go get Buxton. Go get inglesias.

Neither of those guys were traded. Perhaps they weren't available for anything other than an absurd overpay?

And you could argue somewhat that it was similar to trading Reese Olson and Payton Henry for Adames since we basically replaced the relievers we traded for Adames with Curtiss and Norris.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

“Did your phone die this morning” was the beginning of the first question to Jerry Dipoto in his news conference after the deadline. Wow… :laughing I do think it’s a bad look for the Mariners to not do anything around their young core to show his belief in them and build up that winning culture again.

“Did your phone die this morning” was the beginning of the first question to Jerry Dipoto in his news conference after the deadline. Wow… :laughing I do think it’s a bad look for the Mariners to not do anything around their young core to show his belief in them and build up that winning culture again.

LOL

Community Moderator
How crazy that the end results of Stearns trades this season have been:

Willy Adames

Rowdy Tellez

John Curtiss

Daniel Norris

Eduardo Escobar

for

Alberto Ciprion

Payton Henry

JP Feyereisen

Drew Rasmussen

Reese Olson

Cooper Hummel

When you spell it out like this, it really does look insane on paper that we turned those names into significant big-league contributors.

Why does everyone always forget about Jandel Gustave! Acquired from the Pirates this season for 17-year old, Samuel Escudero.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Kind of an odd deadline for a few teams. In addition to the bewildering non-strategy of the Rockies, the Braves and Phillies were apparently close enough to the Degromless Mets that they decided to buy. Seems like that may look foolish in the end, but at least I understand why they did what they did. Honestly felt like some other teams (cough....Angels) should have sold more off than they did.

Community Moderator
The Cubs got RHP Anderson Espinoza from the Padres today for Jake Marisnick. Talk about a blast from the past, a former top 25 prospect in baseball back in 2016 and 2017. He’s somehow still just 23 years old.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

If I was a Rockies fan I would probably just find another team at this point. They have a bottom 5 MLB roster, bottom 5 farm system, last 2 draft picks were high school outfielders, gonna let Story go for a comp pick and Gray for nothing most likely. It will be 5 years til they have any hope of being good.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

On a side note, mlb “insiders” continue to have zero clue what the brewers will and won’t do. I think this year taught me not to listen to any of it. Under Stearns I cannot think of 1 trade that was significant that has been tipped off. Plouffe is still the worst.

From Adam McCalvy

David Stearns said the Brewers did engage on some of the premium players on this market, but said "in certain circumstances I think maybe our geographical location didn't always help."

Interesting. Maybe some of the players who had no-trade clauses and only wanted to go to the coast teams?