Brewer Fanatic

Trade Deadline Rumors

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty disappointing deadline for us

I know it's almost the deadline, but I would still bet on the side of us not being done yet.

There will be breaking trades announced all the way up to when tonight's east coast games get started - particularly for team like the Brewers who play pretty close to the vest. Paperwork just takes time to get processed and I don't think many of the baseball trade gurus on twitter get trade info quickly from the Brewers unless it involves a team they have better contacts with.

Brewers made their deals over a few month period so they weren't desperate like some other teams. Stearns gets an A+ for the trades he's made so far. If the cost is low I would like another reliever but happy with the results regardless unless we do something crazy in the last few minutes.

Pretty disappointing deadline for us

I know it's almost the deadline, but I would still bet on the side of us not being done yet.

There will be breaking trades announced all the way up to when tonight's east coast games get started - particularly for team like the Brewers who play pretty close to the vest. Paperwork just takes time to get processed and I don't think many of the baseball trade gurus on twitter get trade info quickly from the Brewers unless it involves a team they have better contacts with.

That’s pushing it a little far. Usually 30 minutes after deadline is the furthest I’ve seen.

I can’t believe the Rockies didn’t trade any of their expiring contracts today. A franchise that continues to operate on their own island.

Absolute lunacy. There is obviously SOME value to comp picks, but you simply cannot tell me that with the crazy returns sellers were getting today that the Rockies wouldn't have received a haul for Story, etc.

If you look at all the moves as a collective whole, good trades. At the deadline, way underwhelming so far.

I mean we got our bat (Escobar) and a couple relievers (Curtiss, Norris) . I know some people will be disappointed and I guess I'm a little underwhelmed but it's basically the exact moves I figured would happen.

The Rockies were looking for an old time trade that just doesn't happen anymore or very rarely. Basically the Rockies wanted what the Cubs gave up for Chapman in return for Story and nothing less.

I was just about to say the same thing.

"You want what...? *click* "

"Don't force him to choose between Chris Smalling and Phil Jones. It's like asking someone to choose between which STD to contract!"