Brewer Fanatic

Trade Deadline Rumors

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewers stuff is eerily quiet...

Right, Daniel Norris can't be it for today??????????

I mean, I wouldn't think so but they have made quite a few moves this year, just not in the last few days.

Oh right I know... I thought for sure we would have added at least a couple pitchers today.

Must feel good about Topa coming back.

If Bryant doesn’t get traded, I feel for him. All his core off to playoff chases and he’s stuck on a terrible team.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Right, Daniel Norris can't be it for today??????????

I mean, I wouldn't think so but they have made quite a few moves this year, just not in the last few days.

Oh right I know... I thought for sure we would have added at least a couple pitchers today.

Must feel good about Topa coming back.

The biggest acquisition would be getting Yelich back to 2018/2019 form...

With the Brewers supposedly still looking for a bat....can they match up with anyone

Unless the Cubs pick up his salary, Bryant should not be that expensive. But it seems the Cubs have been picking up salary to get better returns.

Ways to get Donaldson and Buxton from the Twins if the Brewers want to take on salary.

With the Brewers supposedly still looking for a bat....can they match up with anyone

Unless the Cubs pick up his salary, Bryant should not be that expensive. But it seems the Cubs have been picking up salary to get better returns.

Ways to get Donaldson and Buxton from the Twins if the Brewers want to take on salary.

I do wonder if this is one of those 'trade him to anyone but the Brewers unless they're the best left at 2:59'-type situations with Bryant.

You guys are talking like this is over and nothing else will happen. For at least another half hour, it's still possible there'll be a move.

If the prices haven’t come down astronomically, I’d rather they not make any other moves.

I say screw it and go for it. You have a World Series caliber pitching staff.

Anyone disappointed, just pretend the Brewers traded for Strickland and Tellez yesterday and waited until now to trade for Adames and Escobar. EXCITING!

Haha, yes, this exactly.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Anyone disappointed, just pretend the Brewers traded for Strickland and Tellez yesterday and waited until now to trade for Adames and Escobar. EXCITING!

...AND they got an extra month and half out of Adames...AND because they didn't have the competition that they would have had if they waited until now, they probably would have had to give up more than they did to get Adames.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

...AND they got an extra month and half out of Adames...AND because they didn't have the competition that they would have had if they waited until now, they probably would have had to give up more than they did to get Adames.

Good point. I'd bet a decent amount that they'd have had to pay far more than they did if they had acquired him today.

I didn’t expect much other than a reliever after the Adames and Tellez acquisitions. The Escobar trade shocked me as I thought Rowdy was playing well and Urias seemed to be finding his footing. I would be surprised if we add another bat, but Stearns always finds a way to surprise me. Having a bunch of quality bats is never a bad thing.

AND most importantly, they have him under team control for the next 3 seasons - something none of the players being dealt this deadline to playoff hopefuls have going for them.

In all seriousness, those 3 players have already contributed 4.1 bWAR to the team (Adames 3.1, Tellez 0.7, Strickland 0.3). Any serious analysis of the Brewers performance at the trade "deadline" would take that into account and give them bonus points for making the moves sooner than the final week in order to reap the benefit for more of the season.

Edited by IIAY