Brewer Fanatic

Trade Deadline Rumors

Mark Feinsand

@Feinsand

·

29m

Per source, the Twins are shopping both Josh Donaldson and Byron Buxton. There are 90 minutes to go until the Trade Deadline.

Two big names to watch here...

Going out on a limb: Package deal for Buxton and Taylor Rogers. Like Norris, Rogers is a guy whose FIP has been better than his ERA the last 2 years.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Feinsand

@Feinsand

·

29m

Per source, the Twins are shopping both Josh Donaldson and Byron Buxton. There are 90 minutes to go until the Trade Deadline.

Going out on a limb: Package deal for Buxton and Taylor Rogers. Like Norris, Rogers is a guy whose FIP has been better than his ERA the last 2 years.

I don’t even think the Brewers have the system to pull this off.

Robert Murray

@ByRobertMurray

The Minnesota Twins are in agreement on a deal to acquire John Gant from the St. Louis Cardinals, according to sources familiar with the situation.

Mark Feinsand

@Feinsand

·

2m

The Twins are trading J.A. Happ to the Cardinals for LHP Evan Sisk and RHP John Gant, per source.

Edited by jonescm128

Mark Feinsand

@Feinsand

·

29m

I don’t even think the Brewers have the system to pull this off.

Definitely not. Unless they want to take some major league pieces like Taylor/Hiura

What would we do with Buxton when he isn't hurt (which is practically never)?

We still have JBJ taking up space and salary, Cain for another season after this one, Yelich (who knows what's going on with him) and Garcia the rest of this year.

If we pick up Buxton somehow, and send Taylor down, this will anger me greatly.

Probably won't matter, Buxton, Yelich, and Cain will be hurt before Taylor even moved back in to Nashville...

Stop messing with Taylor and let the kid play out the rest of the season.

I'd only be up for Buxton if some way, some how, Cain or JBJ went to the Twins.

Edited by turborickey
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Robert Murray

@ByRobertMurray

The Minnesota Twins are in agreement on a deal to acquire John Gant from the St. Louis Cardinals, according to sources familiar with the situation.

Selling off most of their pieces and then acquiring is interesting

He's part of the package going back for J.A. Happ.

Happ very much seems like the Cardinals type. I do not like the fact that the Brewers are now likely to see plenty of him down the stretch.

Bob Nightengale Tweeted and then deleted this because he got duped by a fake Jeff Passan account…

E7kRyuGWYAE-Bhh?format=jpg&name=small

Someone needs to take this mans phone away from him

This is probably one of those fake create-a-tweet things...at least thats my reaction to everything Bob tweets

Edited by jonescm128

Scrolling through twitter for rumors etc. reminds me the Cubs are most certainly a rival of the Brewers and a team that definitely bothers them. Their fans love to talk about us.

We officially ended their hegemony. Thus ever to dynasties.

Community Moderator
This is probably one of those fake create-a-tweet things...at least thats my reaction to everything Bob tweets

That was actually a real Tweet that Bob Nightengale sent and then quickly deleted. Passan had to clarify it was based on a fake account because it caused a stir for him.

Not just “at Night” anymore.