Brewer Fanatic

Trade Deadline Rumors

Community Moderator

From Jon Morosi…

Source: Rangers discussing Kyle Gibson with multiple teams as of this morning. The Padres are considering him if they don't acquire José Berríos from Twins. Chances are increasing that Gibson is dealt by 4 pm ET.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean a reliever almost seems destined. Stearns has not been secretive about the lack of depth in the pen and its hard to be a World Series contender and not bolster a weak bullpen at the deadline. I suppose they could trade for a starter and shift someone to the pen....but I am betting they get a more true reliever.

Weak bullpen? Jeesh. Could there be an upgrade, yes. But weak? Must not be paying attention much.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

From Jon Morosi…

Source: Rangers discussing Kyle Gibson with multiple teams as of this morning. The Padres are considering him if they don't acquire José Berríos from Twins. Chances are increasing that Gibson is dealt by 4 pm ET.

I hope the Padres get Gibson. I just don't believe Gibson is all that good or someone to waste trade capital on.

I would prefer either Kennedy or Iglesias but I think the Angels believe they can make a run and won't make Iglesias available.

Luke Voit would look great at 1B.... Too bad Tellez is locked in right now.

Seems like an odd way to look at it. I’m glad Tellez is locked in, and I’m hopeful that he’s performing at the level he had been prior to his slow start to 2021.

Luke Voit would look great at 1B.... Too bad Tellez is locked in right now.

Seems like an odd way to look at it. I’m glad Tellez is locked in, and I’m hopeful that he’s performing at the level he had been prior to his slow start to 2021.

Dont get me wrong, I love the Tellez trade... Just didnt think the Yankees were gonna get Rizzo, making Voit available... Just wishful thinking but I'll definitely take Rowdy as our 1B for the next how many years.

There's going to be a ton of deals done right at the deadline....and info won't be available until late afternoon/evening.

Maybe my memory is wrong, but this doesn’t feel true at all. While some deals are announced after 3pm they are almost always announced in the few minutes after.

The prospects involved are usually like any other deal and announced at about the same time, but maybe takes a little bit.

There's going to be a ton of deals done right at the deadline....and info won't be available until late afternoon/evening.

Maybe my memory is wrong, but this doesn’t feel true at all. While some deals are announced after 3pm they are almost always announced in the few minutes after.

The prospects involved are usually like any other deal and announced at about the same time, but maybe takes a little bit.

Yeah there's usually some delay in what is done exactly by the deadline, but it's usually all out there within an hour of the deadline or so.

Some of these teams have me scratching my head. Both the Blue Jays and the Yankees have a less than 30% chance of making the playoffs and they’re mortgaging the future just to have a chance to make the playoffs? Bad asset management IMO. I believe Brewers benefit from waiting and think some of these prices will come down as there will be less buyers.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Dodgers interested in Craig Kimbrel

Jon Morosi @jonmorosi

1m

The #Dodgers remain involved in the Craig Kimbrel pursuit, as I mentioned earlier today on @MLBNetwork. @MLB

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Some of these teams have me scratching my head. Both the Blue Jays and the Yankees have a less than 30% chance of making the playoffs and they’re mortgaging the future just to have a chance to make the playoffs? Bad asset management IMO. I believe Brewers benefit from waiting and think some of these prices will come down as there will be less buyers.

The Blue Jays still have Berrios next year, and could theoretically put together an extension for him. The Yankees will have Gallo next year as well. You can bet they are going to try to sell Rizzo on re-signing there as well.

Mark Feinsand

@Feinsand

The Twins pulled off the biggest deal of Deadline day thus far by sending Berríos to the Blue Jays for two Top-100 prospects, but sources say they're not done. Plenty more to trade, including Michael Pineda, Hansel Robles, Tyler Duffey and possibly Max Kepler or Byron Buxton.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mets-staying-course-pitching-search-232134394.html

"In one of probably hundreds of similar phone calls that the Mets have made in recent days and weeks, one team official reached out to the Milwaukee Brewers recently to ask about trading for one of Brett Anderson or Eric Lauer, according to league sources.

The Brewers were not interested in engaging in those talks, and they did not progress."

Brewers Related

Jason Beck

@beckjason

Tigers in talks with Brewers on Daniel Norris, I’m told.

12:27 PM · Jul 30, 2021·Twitterrific for iOS

Adam McCalvy

@AdamMcCalvy

Here's a possible bullpen arm for the Brewers. Norris has held LHBs to a .200 AVG, .555 OPS this season.

Edited by MrTPlush

Brewers Related

Jason Beck

@beckjason

This makes me think this guy is full of it though. Usually you never know what the Brewers are doing until Rosenthal tweets "X player going to the Brewers". Very rarely do our trades get leaked before they happen.

Brewers Related

Jason Beck

@beckjason

This makes me think this guy is full of it though. Usually you never know what the Brewers are doing until Rosenthal tweets "X player going to the Brewers". Very rarely do our trades get leaked before they happen.

There are two sides to each trade. Even if you believe the Brewers never have leaks come out on their end (debatable) the other side may not have quite as tight lipped of an organization.

The Brewers and Giants are still looking to add an impact bat, per source. The Blue Jays are also seeking a bat, even after dealing two top prospects for Jose Berríos.

At this point, the only position an impact bat would make sense at is CF. So unless we go nuts and grab Buxton, this doesn't make a ton of sense to me. We'll find out in a few hours.