Brewer Fanatic

Trade Deadline Rumors

I get the Bryant day off more than Rizzo, Bryant has been dealing with some minor injury stuff so it makes a ton of sense for him regardless. Rizzo pretty much plays everyday when he's healthy, which is most of the time. And they'll say getaway day whether they have a trade in the works or not. I tend to think Rizzo is more likely to be dealt in the next 6 hours or so than Bryant.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a rumor per se, but I still expect that the Brewers will likely grab another starter (Gray and Gibson are strong possibilities), and probably another reliever. But it seems that pitching is demanding better returns than hitters are, though, so who knows? With the market down on hitters, perhaps they'll continue to explore that market? Still plenty of bats out there that would be a fit and lengthen this roster.

Melvin always said that pitchers command more at the deadline, hitters command more in the off-season.

I don't see the Brewers adding a starter. They can piggy-back until September, then call up two pitchers to help keep innings down.

Like others have said, adding a veteran back-end guy helps push the less experienced arms out of high-leverage situations.

Reports suggest the Mets are making J.D. Davis available (https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31849339/2021-mlb-trade-deadline-tracker-rumors-news-analysis-latest-buzz).

To say he’d be a useful upgrade at 1B would be the understatement of the year. Sadly, there has to be almost no chance of making that work, since the Mets have to want immediate major league contributors, and neither us or the Mets would have any interest in aiding a fellow NL contender for a stretch run.

But man, he’d be an awesome add. I’m going to be super bummed if he goes to the Cubs in exchange for Bryant.

Do the Mets still need SP help?

Could we not trade them someone like Lauer (or Houser) for JD Davis? I know we'd need to add in more though, so maybe you package in a Freddy Zamora - or someone at that level?

Then, go out and get yourself a Berrios or a Gibson to fill that hole in the rotation.

But then - I guess the Mets could just go and trade for Berrios or Gibson themselves, so it probably isn't likely to happen.

Do the Mets still need SP help?

Could we not trade them someone like Lauer (or Houser) for JD Davis? I know we'd need to add in more though, so maybe you package in a Freddy Zamora - or someone at that level?

Then, go out and get yourself a Berrios or a Gibson to fill that hole in the rotation.

But then - I guess the Mets could just go and trade for Berrios or Gibson themselves, so it probably isn't likely to happen.

Could have been a fake report, but saw yesterday that the Mets called the Brewers on Anderson or Houser and Brewers refuse to engage in talks.

At the 9:40 mark on Chris Rose Rotation this morning with Trevor Plouffe, talking about Eduardo trade, Plouffe mentions he heard the Brewers are in on the "bigger names", but fails to elaborate on it, so it can and is probably just noise. Says they were in on Gallo. Though this is now multiple times he's brought it up.

[Video]

[/Video] Edited by Jastro

Berrios to the Brewers would seem possible only if it ends up being a larger deal that includes Donaldson, etc. I'd think then you might see the Brewers more willing to pony up, but I don't think it's hard to think someone would be able to trump the Brewers' offer if they wanted to.

Ryan Pepiot drawing interest for both Scherzer and Berrios. This guy seems comparable value-wise to Small. If this report is accurate, that's a pretty significant return on Scherzer. For Berrios and his extra control I imagine it will be a fair amount more than just Small.

Community Moderator

According to Heyman it isn’t a done deal yet…

Padres are surely very interested and aggressive in their pursuit of top trade target Max Scherzer, but source insists there are “multiple teams” still with a chance. Those teams are believed to include the Dodgers, and perhaps the Giants, Red Sox and another team.

Not just “at Night” anymore.