Brewer Fanatic

Trade Deadline Rumors

I’m good with how they operate. There really is no reason to tell anything before it actually gets done.

That being said, there are a lot of good players that could still be moved. I never understand why bad teams don’t simply unload as much as they can.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m good with how they operate. There really is no reason to tell anything before it actually gets done.

That being said, there are a lot of good players that could still be moved. I never understand why bad teams don’t simply unload as much as they can.

I love how they operate. It isnt just that Stearns doesn't say anything publicly it is that the media seems to have no insider knowledge either

Edited by jjfanec

So, did Nightengale really tweet that out tonight and then delete it? Or is this a "fake" twitter account that did it? I'm confused by all of this? How does someone like Nightengale tweet something like that if he hasn't at least heard something from his sources?

Just for future reference (for everyone), making fake Bob tweets is stupid popular among people. Every time I see a Bob tweet people are responding with fake screenshots like that.

Community Moderator

From Jon Morosi

Sources: The #Mariners have pursued a trade for #Twins ace José Berríos this week, although a deal is not close as of this hour. Minnesota is asking for a prospect package that includes a top young starter, likely Emerson Hancock or George Kirby.

Asking price for Berrios is reportedly [and understandably] very high.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Mark Feinsand stating pretty much the obvious in regards to the relief market:

The bullpen market is going to get crazy over the next 31 hours. Brewers, Giants, Braves, Mets, Blue Jays, Rays and White Sox among the teams still looking for relief help. Kimbrel, Rodriguez, Kennedy, Tepera, Hudson, Hand, Soria, Robles, Shaw, Fry, Cisnero among those available.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Not a rumor per se, but I still expect that the Brewers will likely grab another starter (Gray and Gibson are strong possibilities), and probably another reliever. But it seems that pitching is demanding better returns than hitters are, though, so who knows? With the market down on hitters, perhaps they'll continue to explore that market? Still plenty of bats out there that would be a fit and lengthen this roster.

Getting tougher and tougher to make the case for Houser, Anderson, or even Lauer to move to the pen. They’re simply not giving up many runs. Anytime you have a full 6-man rotation of guys under 4 ERA’s, it’s tough to improve that or bump a guy. I see a back end guy to help bump some of the inexperience down a peg.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Getting tougher and tougher to make the case for Houser, Anderson, or even Lauer to move to the pen. They’re simply not giving up many runs. Anytime you have a full 6-man rotation of guys under 4 ERA’s, it’s tough to improve that or bump a guy. I see a back end guy to help bump some of the inexperience down a peg.

But they are doing a lot of piggybacking lately to keep innings down. So if they keep doing that they really can't have too many good starters, and it can help save the pen too.

Just under 30 hours remaining to make trades…

Haven't had my 2nd cup o Joe yet and thought this said 30 minutes.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewers should get Max Scherzer.

Of all the known available players, Scherzer will make the biggest impact for the Brewers in the playoffs. A playoff rotation of Scherzer, Woodruff and Burnes with Peralta in the bullpen could win a World Series.

Max Scherzer is reportedly starting in the first game of today’s doubleheader against the Phillies.

If they intend to trade him, that would be pretty stupid...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Max Scherzer is reportedly starting in the first game of today’s doubleheader against the Phillies.

If they intend to trade him, that would be pretty stupid...

I guess Scherzer was scratched from his last start. Nothing serious. But they may feel that showing he is healthy is to their advantage.

Brewers should get Max Scherzer.

Of all the known available players, Scherzer will make the biggest impact for the Brewers in the playoffs. A playoff rotation of Scherzer, Woodruff and Burnes with Peralta in the bullpen could win a World Series.

Couldn't agree more but unfortunately he has a no trade clause and the Brewers are reportedly not on his list of preferred teams.

No Rizzo/Bryant in the lineup today

It is an early afternoon "getaway day" type game, though. Still, kinda sucks that the Cubs appear to be throwing in the towel against a team we'd all kinda like them to beat this afternoon.

We can put the reds away later. I hope they demoralize the cubs.

No Rizzo/Bryant in the lineup today

It is an early afternoon "getaway day" type game, though. Still, kinda sucks that the Cubs appear to be throwing in the towel against a team we'd all kinda like them to beat this afternoon.

We can put the reds away later. I hope they demoralize the cubs.

They are going to be a AAAA team after tomorrow. They're already demoralized. I have no problem with them playing the spoiler role from here out.