Brewer Fanatic

Trade Deadline Rumors

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I've seen people saying that since the Adames trade the Brewers are scoring around 5 runs per game. The Dodgers have the most runs scored in the NL at 526 which puts them at 5.15 runs per game. So if the Brewers are indeed close to the 5 run per game mark then yes, they're probably ok if they don't make a significant offensive addition. Doesn't mean it wouldn't still be nice to add a nice bat.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Community Moderator
I mean who looks at their roster(if your the Brewers), then look at the Padres, Giants and Dodgers rosters, plus see them making moves and go "nah, we're good"??

I don't see any major holes in our roster that are likely to be solved by a deadline deal, unless you are talking about eating a big contract or trading someone in our current starting lineup.

The Dodgers have more pitching depth than us which is part of why I would target a bullpen or back-of-rotation arm.

I’m certainly not the first to say it here, but yeah, between Adames and maybe Rowdy, he may already have made the most impactful moves they will make this season.

This is hard for me to believe. I fully expect some relief help but with Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta leading the rotation and Hader closing things out Stearns knows he has to take advantage of an elite pitching staff. We have been scoring runs lately but it is obvious that offense is one of our more glaring needs especially with Yelich/Hiura not coming around. If he makes a move I think it is a splash for a big name. I don't see the value in adding the David Peralta's of the world.

The offense went from 83 wRC+ / 3.66 runs per game before the Adames trade to 106 wRC+ / 5.04 runs per game after the trade.

The bullpen went from 4.59 ERA / 4.83 FIP before the Adames trade to 2.78 ERA / 3.79 FIP after the trade.

The team's record went from 21-23 (.477 W%) before the trade to 38-19 (.667 W%) after the trade.

It will be extremely difficult to make any series of moves at the deadline that increase our run scoring by another 1.38 runs per game, decreases our bullpen ERA by another 1.81 runs per game & improves our winning percentage by another .190, so odds of the Adames deal being the most impactful of the season are pretty high.

From Jim Bowden's latest article on The Athletic:

The Brewers are willing to trade their best prospects (Brice Turang, Garrett Mitchell, Aaron Ashby, Hedbert Perez, Ethan Small), if needed, and are committed to adding a corner-infield impact bat.

The Brewers are willing to trade their best prospects (Brice Turang, Garrett Mitchell, Aaron Ashby, Hedbert Perez, Ethan Small), if needed, and are committed to adding a corner-infield impact bat.

Well, I’m certainly on the record as stating that Bowden is a doofus, but if this is legitimate, then no one can say they’re not seriously looking. Still doesn’t mean there’ll be a deal, though.

If this was from anybody else but Bowden, I might be intrigued.

Well, I’m certainly on the record as stating that Bowden is a doofus, but if this is legitimate, then no one can say they’re not seriously looking. Still doesn’t mean there’ll be a deal, though.

One of those names is not like the others, one of those names does not belong

What does Turang, Small or Ashby and Henry get you on the corner market?

Mancini?

Bryant?

I would think both but I don't really know.

If Baltimore kicked in one of their relievers, I would think pretty hard about it.

A big overpay for Bryant unless Cubs pick up his salary and we send Lindbloom back as well.

Mancini hasn't played outfield since 2019 so as a 1B it would be an overpay for him as well where he's average to slightly above. Though there would be ways to make it work.

Don't think we need bullpen help. Topa is on his way back. at least 1 SP(Houser?) will be used in the bullpen come playoff time. Who out there would you target for bullpen?

I really hope the team doesn't use Mitchell in a trade. Really feel utmost high on the guy.

I wouldn’t bank on anything from Topa. If he gets us anything it’s gravy. Grab a guy having success this season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Justin Topa is coming off a major injury and has less than 8 major league innings in his career. I understand the intrigue on the guy, but we felt that way about Ray Black at one time too. He is someone we should be happy with whatever we can get but not plan for his success and avoid making other moves because of his presence.

What does Turang, Small or Ashby and Henry get you on the corner market?

Mancini?

Bryant?

I would think both but I don't really know.

If Baltimore kicked in one of their relievers, I would think pretty hard about it.

A big overpay for Bryant unless Cubs pick up his salary and we send Lindbloom back as well.

Mancini hasn't played outfield since 2019 so as a 1B it would be an overpay for him as well where he's average to slightly above. Though there would be ways to make it work.

Yeah I worded that poorly. I wouldn't give them all 3 for Bryant. One of the pitchers and Henry would be my offer there.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Bowden is - honestly - usually really bad. It's sort of amazing he was a GM.

If you take the Cubs off the list the only impact bats worth calling about and offering a top prospect for are Mancini and Gallo. Story isn’t an impact bat unless playing SS and even then it’s questionable. They could go for Donaldson but I don’t see him costing a top guy, probably a couple lower rated guys.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

I would throw a pretty good prospect out for Bryant by the way, probably Turang. Bryant is exactly what we need, like it or not.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Aaron Judge scratched from the Yanks lineup. He would classify as a “BIG” piece as that one podcast rumor last week noted.

The Brewers DID trade for Aaron Judge in my Road to the Show in MLB The Show so hmm.

To add just another 99.7% sarcastic layer to this - they also traded for Tellez (before we traded for Tellez)