Brewer Fanatic

Which Wisconsin sports team will win a championship next? POST-BUCKS Edition!

PeaveyFury

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If Yeli returns to 2019 form (or even close to it), the Brewers certainly have the pitching to get it done this year.

If Rodgers comes back and can play without the distractions of the offseason, this team is probably the deepest team I can remember in a while. Every spot has a vet with at least a decent floor and a youngster with upside potential.

Absolutely correct. I don't know if either can be called any kind of a 'favorite' like the Bucks may have been at various points this year, but there is absolutely a chance that the Brewers or Packers could win it this year.

Community Moderator

Brewers are currently 13/1, Packers 17/1, Bucks 8/1.

Hard to complain about that, with those odds statistically we have a 26% chance of bringing home another trophy in the next year.

The Bucks have proven they can do it so that's the obvious pick. But it would be a real treat to get the Brewers to the World Series this fall and it's the first time they have a starting rotation capable of winning a best-of-7 postseason series.

If Yeli returns to 2019 form (or even close to it), the Brewers certainly have the pitching to get it done this year.

If Rodgers comes back and can play without the distractions of the offseason, this team is probably the deepest team I can remember in a while. Every spot has a vet with at least a decent floor and a youngster with upside potential.

I think the Brewers have a shot regardless, but I think the odds of Yelich ever being his '18 or '19 self are slim. If he could be his Marlins self I think that might have to suffice.

If Rodgers was staying around for the next 3+ years, I would easily pick the Packers for this question. The Bucks just won, but I think they needed so much to go right around the NBA to make that happen. I really just don't like their chances of getting another title. The Brewers have a great core and should be contenders...but winning a World Series is just so hard to do.

If I had to bet, honestly I would go the Packers....even if you told me Rodgers was a goner. Winning in the NFL just seems much more probable.

I will just copy and paste what I put in 2019 as I still have the same opinion:

I would pick the Bucks first and then a huge drop to the Packers and then the Brewers. Giannis is one of the best and possibly the best player in the NBA, still very young and can determine if a championship is won more than any player on any Wisconsin team. I'll go Packers second because that is the league where a team can make the leap from non playoff team to Super Bowl caliber team the quickest and they still have Rodgers. The Brewers I put last because so many things have to go right to win a championship in baseball and I probably will never believe the Brewers will win a World Series until I see it.

Would put the Packers last as I think they squandered their last Rodgers-led title run by blowing it last year. Just feel that they are headed for regression this season and then another divorce so I'm not expecting SB quality teams for at least a few years. But maybe Love is the third coming. The Bucks and Brewers are both right there with some lucky breaks.

Why not the Brewers in October, the Badgers in January, the Packers, and then the Bucks again?

Because Badger Basketball would be in between the Packers and Bucks.

:)

5hau0d.jpg

Also, I am not sure the basketball team will win their second championship in three years. If that happens we'll be talking about the Gard Dynasty and people will be saying "Bo who?"

Seriously, I am really excited to have a semi-normal college football and basketball season this fall. I think the football team is going to be really good, but OSU is still OSU. It could be a fun fall.

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Brewers are gonna trade for Trey Mancini and a bullpen arm and blow the doors off the NL Central and then cruise to the NL championship, so I'm changing my vote to Brewers.

Source????

(Sorry, I just had to!)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

If Rodgers returns (which I think he will), I think the Packers have a very good chance again this year - maybe better than last year. Just looking at their depth charts, we don't have many holes on the team. We have positions where we will be worse than last year (center), but still have players that give us a good floor (or same floor as last year) and players that give us upside potential. Example: Kevin King and Eric Stokes.

WR is improved, TE/HB is same or improved, OL is worse, but still no glaring holes, RB depth is worse, but 1st/2nd string has more upside, DL is the same, OLB is the same - better with Gary's upside, MLB is the same or better - year experience with both starters, CB is improved, Safety is about the same. K/P is the same, KR/PR will be better. ST is TBD...

QB is ?

If I’m being objective and not wishful, it’s the Bucks.

They’ve got the best player in the league with a core that’s locked up for a few years. I hope they get another one together, but damn, it’s hard. Enjoy this one. Nothing is guaranteed.