Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-20: Royals (Minor) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Eye Black
.241/.344/.481/.825 - Keston the last 65 PA’s

He’s been bad this season but not lately.

I think your numbers are off a bit. He has 31 ABs in July alone and is .194/.306/.290.

His slugging has been okay since he was recalled because there are 4 doubles and 3 homers in there, but he's also struck out 16 times in 31 at bats in July (and 14 times in 33 at bats in June). Sadly it is an improvement over where he was in April and May.

The productive part of his PAs since he returned from the minors came in 4 games against the Rockies and Cubs. Since then he’s been striking out pretty regularly again.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member

I mentioned this in the transaction forum...but man. Seeing Ryan Braun in the stands makes me wish he was in the batters box instead. Rowdy Tellez, Dan Vogelbach, Travis Shaw and Keston Hiura are all getting meaningful ABs. Our best case yet still realistic trade candidtes are guys like Eduardo Escobar and...maybe Josh Donaldson? Really? Are these guys better than Braun? It just makes too much sense.

Donaldson might be better on paper or in a vacuum...but all things considered I think I'd rather have Braun.

I mentioned this in the transaction forum...but man. Seeing Ryan Braun in the stands makes me wish he was in the batters box instead. Rowdy Tellez, Dan Vogelbach, Travis Shaw and Keston Hiura are all getting meaningful ABs. Our best case yet still realistic trade candidtes are guys like Eduardo Escobar and...maybe Josh Donaldson? Really? Are these guys better than Braun? It just makes too much sense.

Donaldson might be better on paper or in a vacuum...but all things considered I think I'd rather have Braun.

Braun at this point in his career would be a DH and on a NL team that means he is a pinch hitter only. He is definitely not better than Donaldson on paper or in a vacuum. Value wise Donaldson brings more value as you can have him as an everyday player and even if you think he needs a few days off here and there he is still 10000000000000% better than Braun.

Braun at this point in his career would be a DH and on a NL team that means he is a pinch hitter only. He is definitely not better than Donaldson on paper or in a vacuum. Value wise Donaldson brings more value as you can have him as an everyday player and even if you think he needs a few days off here and there he is still 10000000000000% better than Braun.

Donaldson = always hurt.

Dude just can't play consistanty.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

For what it's worth, Braun was in the radio booth with Ueck in the 5th....and Uecker was definitely baiting him to say he's coming back. Would not be surprised if he had a spot on the 40-man roster before the post-season eligibility deadline.

Community Moderator
We’re to the point that replay is primarily used to overturn split second moments when a player loses contact with a base after clearly being safe initially, but they often can’t get the calls correct that the system was actually intended to assist with.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Community Moderator
Garcia is going to be called out in a perfect example of how replay changes the game…and not for the better.

Yeah, just checking in to vent about the dumbest out call in baseball. Safe zone above the bag!

YES they need to change the rule, if you beat the tag you're safe unless your entire body slides past the bag.

But this is MLB so instead they will probably make some other rule change that nobody asked for.

What makes it worse is that often the runner’s foot comes off the bag for a fraction of a second by a millimeter because of force applied by the fielder. So, they’re encouraged to slap the tag on hard and hold it hoping for that split second of disconnect.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Add Minor to the least of lefty starters to baffle the Brewers. He gave up 24 runs in his previous 4 starts, but the Brewers needed two misplays by the Royals in the field to squeeze across 2.

The tag rule could easily be fixed by making the rule state that once a runner is safe and a tag is applied, the runner can't be tagged out unless the fielder takes his glove off the runner and reapplies the tag.

Community Moderator
For what it's worth, Braun was in the radio booth with Ueck in the 5th....and Uecker was definitely baiting him to say he's coming back. Would not be surprised if he had a spot on the 40-man roster before the post-season eligibility deadline.

Went back and listened, the audio starts around the 2:50:00 mark for anyone with the MLB app.

Uecker tried to get him to say he was retired [in a joking manner], and Braun made an audible hesitation (i.e. “ahhhh”), but then quickly corrected him by saying he’s not ready to declare retirement yet. It sounded like one of those “I know something I can’t say” moments to me, but that’s purely my own interpretation. If I had to guess I would say there’s a real chance Braun plays again in MLB at some point.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I didn’t hear, but my interpretation would be that he’s in town to see the Bucks game and to visit the Brewers while he’s here. Even if he had no intention of playing again I don’t think he would announce his retirement on a day with a much bigger story in town.

Adames has had a quiet day so far but he has a chance to change that now.

This inning is one to remember when an opponent dinks in a bunch of hits. Now they have to turn them into runs.

Archived