Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-18: Brewers (Burnes) at Reds (Gray) [Brewers win, 8-0 -- Burnes is outstanding over 8.1 IP including 12 Ks; Crew completes sweep at GABP]

Eye Black
Gotta figure a very short leash on Burnes here, he starts allowing base runners he's insta-pulled.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I realize that setting a major league schedule must be challenging. But isn’t it ridiculous for two division rivals to (1) not play each other in the first 43 games of the season, then (2) play each other 16 times in the next 52 games, and (3) play each other just 3 games in the last 67 games, none later than August 26, when intra divisional games could be the most interesting.

The Brewers have played the Reds in almost a third of their games over the last 2 months.

Ueker called this out before the ASG saying how in the old days two people used to do the schedule and nothing this screwed up happened. I think he said with paper and pencil, but don't quote me. It was some old school stuff, of course

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Via Will Sammon

Not a terrible series for Willy Adames against the Reds to start the second half: 8 for 13, 2 HRs, 7 RBIs, 6 runs, 3 walks.

OPS is up to 832

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Nothing like Burnes turning in his best start of the year to save the depleted pen. Though I'd let Perdomo take the inning.

Burnes must really want this. I can't imagine CC does

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I realize that setting a major league schedule must be challenging. But isn’t it ridiculous for two division rivals to (1) not play each other in the first 43 games of the season, then (2) play each other 16 times in the next 52 games, and (3) play each other just 3 games in the last 67 games, none later than August 26, when intra divisional games could be the most interesting.

The Brewers have played the Reds in almost a third of their games over the last 2 months.

Ueker called this out before the ASG saying how in the old days two people used to do the schedule and nothing this screwed up happened. I think he said with paper and pencil, but don't quote me. It was some old school stuff, of course

I think it was a woman that did it for like 40 years.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

And the weirdness of baseball rears its head, not meant to be for Burnes.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

I think it was a woman that did it for like 40 years.

It was a husband wife team but that ended about 20 years ago.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

CC looks as stressed with an 8 run lead as he does in an 8 run hole

Probably because he knew damn well it was a dumb move to send Burnes out for the 9th, but he did it anyways.

Imagine if Burnes had gotten injured in the 9th, with an 8 run lead.

It was just stupid.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

CC looks as stressed with an 8 run lead as he does in an 8 run hole

I think he’s concerned about letting Burnes throw more than holding the lead. He had that same look when Peralta had the no hitter going and you could almost hear him thinking “Please give up a hit so I can get you out of there.”

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Yeah, it was pointless to send him back out there.

I didn't have a problem with it. It kinda sucks we've been so trained by baseball's trendy cautious handling of pitchers that we can't enjoy an opportunity for a complete game shutout.

Archived