Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-18: Brewers (Burnes) at Reds (Gray) [Brewers win, 8-0 -- Burnes is outstanding over 8.1 IP including 12 Ks; Crew completes sweep at GABP]

Eye Black
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you’re goi g to swing 3-0. You might want to swing at a strike

Normally I'd agree but given the strikezone today I'm sure that was going to be called a strike on 3-0 so take a rip.

JBJ actually has the most hits (4) and RBI (7) against Gray among current Brewers.

Yep… [better late than never] ;)

Helps to be an American Leaguer.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

The time to go to the pen was probably before the Taylor AB. A little late now. Not that I'm complaining.

With Pina and Burnes up I don't understand why not just let Gray have the inning at this point. The Red's bullpen is about as tired as the Brewer's

What a great series coming out of the all star break

Am I crazy for thinking that a Bucks NBA Championship, a Brewer World Series and a Packer Super Bowl all happening within a span of 8 months is not totally Twilight Zone impossible?

Obviously the chances of all 3 happening are remote, and let's get one first, but God knows we deserve a stretch like that.

Am I crazy for thinking that a Bucks NBA Championship, a Brewer World Series and a Packer Super Bowl all happening within a span of 8 months is not totally Twilight Zone impossible?

Obviously the chances of all 3 happening are remote, and let's get one first, but God knows we deserve a stretch like that.

Not with Jordan Love at QB...lol

(and probably not with Tom Brady at QB for the Bucs either. *ducking*)

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Just getting one of those will permanently archive the "Why can't Wisconsin have nice things?" thread.

Can't believe the worst offense in the league has scored at least 23 runs in the series & if they hold on for the sweep will take a seven game lead over the best team in the NL Central.

Miracles happen every day, I guess.

The time to go to the pen was probably before the Taylor AB. A little late now. Not that I'm complaining.

With Pina and Burnes up I don't understand why not just let Gray have the inning at this point. The Red's bullpen is about as tired as the Brewer's

Gray is only about two weeks removed from the IL, a stint that started when he was removed from a game against the Brewers in early June. Letting him throw over 100 pitches (many with runners on base) would not be prudent from a longer term perspective.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Hoping for two more scoreless innings from Burnes before turning this over to the bullpen.

I wouldn’t hesitate to use Hader in the 9th even if it isn’t a save situation.

Archived