Brewer Fanatic

Ramón Urías

Community Moderator

So the Brewers still need to add someone offense, but at this point the elite options such as Trevor Story or Joey Gallo don’t seem overly likely. We also know the Brewers prefer to add players with options and years of control when possible.

So what about…

Luis’ brother, Ramón Urías?

- He is having a bit of a breakout, and just turned 27 years old

- He’s under control through 2026

- He has an option remaining

- He can play anywhere across the dirt, and is strong defensively

In his limited MLB experience (just 48 games) he has a 125 wRC+. During that time he has reverse splits with a .886 OPS against RHP. Even assuming some downward regression offensively, his rest of season ZiPS projection is a 111 wRC+.

I know it’s not as flashy as some other options and he doesn’t carry the power profile we’d like the team to add right now, but it seems like he could provide a solid bat at several positions. He would also get plenty of playing time as guys get rest days, and could be an insurance policy if there are any more injuries on the infield this season.

Admittedly it’s not a perfect fit, but I also think it aligns with the Brewers MO of coming up with unorthodox solutions.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

So the Brewers still need to add someone offense, but at this point the elite options such as Trevor Story or Joey Gallo don’t seem overly likely. We also know the Brewers prefer to add players with options and years of control when possible.

So what about…

Luis’ brother, Ramón Urías?

- He is having a bit of a breakout, and just turned 27 years old

- He’s under control through 2026

- He has an option remaining

- He can play anywhere across the dirt, and is strong defensively

In his limited MLB experience (just 48 games) he has a 125 wRC+. During that time he has reverse splits with a .886 OPS against RHP. Even assuming some downward regression offensively, his rest of season ZiPS projection is a 111 wRC+.

I know it’s not as flashy as some other options and he doesn’t carry the power profile we’d like the team to add right now, but it seems like he could provide a solid bat at several positions. He would also get plenty of playing time as guys get rest days, and could be an insurance policy if there are any more injuries on the infield this season.

Admittedly it’s not a perfect fit, but I also think it aligns with the Brewers MO of coming up with unorthodox solutions.

Sure, for Ethan Small etc. they could have him tomorrow. Otherwise why would a rebuilding club trade, as you point out, a productive cost controlled player.

Archived