Brewer Fanatic

Saturday Morning 8/12 11 am Softball Let's Play!

brewerjamie15

Come one come all to the first inter-brewerfan.net pick up softball game of them all!

This Saturday at 11am at Sijan Field (Oaklahoma and KK) will be thefirst inter-brewerfan softball game. Bring friends or family members to play in this co-ed game.

We'll see how many show up to play.

For an idea of how many will show, please tell us so we know what to expect as far as number of players.

We will follow the standard 3-2 count with 1 swinging strike.

Game will go for approximately one hour.

Show early to warm up a bit.

attendance so far:

Jamie and probably one or two friends

Brian and Nicole

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

I'm in. I'll talk to a few friends, but assume just me.

EDIT:

Quote:
We will follow the standard 3-2 count with 1 swinging strike.

We'll have to see who shows up each week, but if we get enough people to play a full game, maybe we'll need to rely on an "all-time pitcher"? Sometimes it's hard enough finding one person who can throw strikes, let alone two. Or maybe we could change the standard 3-2 count to like a 6-2 count just to cut down on free passes?

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Why not just pitch until contact is made? It's just practice, and nobody comes out ahead if one is only allowed one whiff. Plus, we're playing co-ed.

I'd be a more accurate pitcher if I moved ten feet closer to the plate.

Quote:
Why not just pitch until contact is made?

I can live with whatever, but if there are no balls and no strikes, there's nothing to stop someone from waiting all day for their perfect pitch.

Another thought, maybe the 3-2-1 rule is kept, but we expand the strikezone to be bigger than the official strikezone. We could lay down a suitable sized rug or something over the homeplate area and call anything that lands on it a strike.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Archived