Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-16: Brewers (Houser) at Reds (Mahle) [Brewers win, 11-6 -- Adames tallies 3 hits and 4 RBI as Crew overcomes early deficit]

Eye Black
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Huge. Umps are crushing the crew. Of course Wong error doesn't help

Normally I don't get too upset about borderline calls that can go either way, but when you ring up Yelich the inning before on the low strike, you damn well better do it the other way too.

My Bally Sports app isn’t working on my phone tonight. Anyone else having trouble?

Yep, it’s down. Switched to TV

I wasn’t able to watch the Bucks postgame via the Bally app on my phone and Roku the other night (it was raining hard and my DirecTv signal was toast). I wonder if it has been down since.

Starting Houser tonight was just an asinine decision. Wodruff was well rested, and I'm not sure that any manager in MLB would have started Houser over their ace after 5 days rest, and a division game vs a team that has owned us recently.

It was a bad decision, period.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
woo hoo!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Starting Houser tonight was just an asinine decision. Wodruff was well rested, and I'm not sure that any manager in MLB would have started Houser over their ace after 5 days rest, and a division game vs a team that has owned us recently.

Some want to pretend all games are equal.

Some want to pretend all games are equal.

They're not all equal, but it depends on their actual chances of finishing ahead of you in the division.

A game against the Pittsburgh Pirates has no more importance than any other game. A game against the Reds does.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

You are right. I am not typically in favor of focusing on matchups with so much season left, but there was plenty of writing on the wall indicating that Houser would struggle tonight, and that's exactly what happened. And I really like Houser. But throwing him against the Royals was always a much better matchup.

Archived