Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-16: Brewers (Houser) at Reds (Mahle) [Brewers win, 11-6 -- Adames tallies 3 hits and 4 RBI as Crew overcomes early deficit]

Eye Black
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Houser was a great idea. he’s so good, in the bullpen. Not that a starter shouldn’t be able to give up four runs but obviously ours can’t afford it
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Dang, JBJ smoked that
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That was about as good of contact as you'll see from JBJ. You know the other team doesn't respect your bat whatsoever when there's a runner in scoring position and a base open with 2 out and they don't think twice about coming right after you.

JBJ is just lost man. Feels like when Cain comes back it’s best for him to be a defensive substitute only.

Can you really expect much better offense from Cain at this point. I would rather see Taylor get the majority of starts in center.

Houser was a great idea. he’s so good, in the bullpen. Not that a starter shouldn’t be able to give up four runs but obviously ours can’t afford it

I almost wonder if a starting pitcher might be acquired who would give the Brewers the flexibility to move Houser to the pen? That would theoretically strengthen two areas. I still like Houser as a starter, but his history indicates he is close to elite out of the pen.

Good to see Jace keep his job but I understand the rowdy pick up even less now. I keep hearing that we can't start our best guys because we have to watch our innings. Ok fine but Richards was a decent major league reliver who could help get the ball to Hader. I don't understand this team sometimes it it sucks.

I almost wonder if a starting pitcher might be acquired who would give the Brewers the flexibility to move Houser to the pen? That would theoretically strengthen two areas. I still like Houser as a starter, but his history indicates he is close to elite out of the pen.

They can always go back to a 5 man rotation and put Houser in the pen.

Good to see Jace keep his job but I understand the rowdy pick up even less now. I keep hearing that we can't start our best guys because we have to watch our innings. Ok fine but Richards was a decent major league reliver who could help get the ball to Hader. I don't understand this team sometimes it it sucks.

Agreed. Why trade an actual asset for Tellez if he's going to sit for Jace Peterson? If you have to play Jace, move Garcia to CF and play Jace in RF.

Zack Davies is on the fire sale pile in Chicago

We need a difference making bat for the middle of the lineup and Rowdy was never going to be that guy. I would love to see the Brewers trade for Nelson Cruz and let him play first base.

Trying not to get too worked up here....long way to go.

Tonight was sort of the one the Crew would've liked to turn up the heat. Feel good about your chances tossing Woody and Burnes the next two. Still, as someone said, that script can flip real quick...

Hoping the offense can find it and tonight and restore some bounce to this team.

They can always go back to a 5 man rotation and put Houser in the pen.

That very well may happen, but likely not until mid August at the earliest. Not if the whole point is to limit starter innings.

Agreed. Why trade an actual asset for Tellez if he's going to sit for Jace Peterson? If you have to play Jace, move Garcia to CF and play Jace in RF.

I don't think the team can afford the downgrade in defense with Garcia in center field.

We need a difference making bat for the middle of the lineup and Rowdy was never going to be that guy. I would love to see the Brewers trade for Nelson Cruz and let him play first base.

I would fear that Cruz playing 1B on a regular basis would make Hiura like like John Olerud over there.

JBJ is just lost man. Feels like when Cain comes back it’s best for him to be a defensive substitute only.

I mean I get it but weird post after he hits a 105mph missile to center.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Nice to see the Yelich play reversed there with Winker. Come on, offense.

I mean it was the right call the first time as much as we hated it. You can't make a move toward 2nd and just nonchalant your way out of it, even if the move is slight. Winker knew it.

I don't think the team can afford the downgrade in defense with Garcia in center field.

LOL, you literally just advocated the team trade for 41-year-old Nelson Cruz and play him at 1B. Either defense is important or it isn't.

I mean I get it but weird post after he hits a 105mph missile to center.

It’s exactly the time to post it. He can do no right at the moment. Even when he hits the ball hard it finds it’s way to a glove.

Archived