Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-16: Brewers (Houser) at Reds (Mahle) [Brewers win, 11-6 -- Adames tallies 3 hits and 4 RBI as Crew overcomes early deficit]

Eye Black
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Yelich still getting on base at a decent clip? If so, would it make sense to have him bat lead-off? He still can run very well, so off he gets on it could create scoring opportunities even though he is awful right now.

Wong is doing just fine at leadoff.

I’m not questioning Wong. I’m trying to think of ways to better utilize Yelich. If he can get on base and then you have Wong, Urias, Adames coming up, it may be better than Yelich batting second.

I also thought batting Yelich leadoff and Wong 2nd wouldn't be a bad idea. It probably also makes sense dropping him way down the order too but if he's in a bad mental place now, that probably won't help him any. That's why leadoff actually might make sense. He certainly isn't a run producer at this point with his .210 average since coming off the IL for the second time.

My recollection is that umps are allowed to award home on that Adames play, and they should have. Maybe I'm wrong.

That's what I would have assumed. It wasn't even really close, he had long since rounded 3rd.

I think they're just chicken to make that call because then they'll be expected to do their jobs better from then on.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Miguel Sanchez is really living the baseball dream. Not so touted guy, didn't get a big bonus, wasn't a touted prospect. Has done ok in the minors, but never lit it up. Just kept moving up..moving up ..and moving up. Finally gets a shot at age 27 and performing well at the highest level.

Don’t know why, but he reminds me of Jeremy Jeffress.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Wong is doing just fine at leadoff.

I’m not questioning Wong. I’m trying to think of ways to better utilize Yelich. If he can get on base and then you have Wong, Urias, Adames coming up, it may be better than Yelich batting second.

I also thought batting Yelich leadoff and Wong 2nd wouldn't be a bad idea. It probably also makes sense dropping him way down the order too but if he's in a bad mental place now, that probably won't help him any. That's why leadoff actually might make sense. He certainly isn't a run producer at this point with his .210 average since coming off the IL for the second time.

Yelich has the 6th best OPS on the team going into tonight's game. If he starts hitting, like at all, his numbers will look that much better. I think that's why CC is keeping him where he is. It also doesn't hurt to have some guys capable of being productive in those bottom of the order spots.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

When Cain returns Taylor will go back down…..Telliz or Hiura will probably go down when Shaw or Vogelbach comes back.

It will work out one way or another.

Taylor should not be sent down.

He shouldn’t be but I don’t think there’s room for him.

When Cain returns Taylor will go back down…..Telliz or Hiura will probably go down when Shaw or Vogelbach comes back.

He will be……no place for 5 outfielders and he can be optioned.

That’s a big win guys. Split the next 2 and we leave here up 5 games…….if we can steal them both it’s back up 7!

More importantly, you walk away at least up 3. But yes, up 7 would be huge especially with the schedule getting more difficult.

He shouldn’t be but I don’t think there’s room for him.

I wonder if Shaw will even have a spot when he comes off the IL. He wasn't really doing so hot before he got hurt. Between him and Vogelbach maybe one of them goes, Shaw has the positional versatility but Vogelbach was better at the plate. I'd consider DFA-ing Shaw depending on the team's injury situation when he's ready to be activated.

Archived