Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-16: Brewers (Houser) at Reds (Mahle) [Brewers win, 11-6 -- Adames tallies 3 hits and 4 RBI as Crew overcomes early deficit]

Eye Black
  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy smoke is Adames fast too. He was going to score easily

The rule seems silly if he automatically doesn't get the next base on that. He had rounded 3rd before the ball went out of play. It's not like he was between 2nd and 3rd.

Whenever anyone thinks that the Reds are a major threat, I'm going to remember their bullpen and LOL

Define "major". I'm not sure who in the Central is a bigger threat. Bullpen help can be acquired pretty easily relative to filling other holes.

Now I guess having Woodruff and Burnes left is looking genius??

It kind of backs up the idea that it shouldn't have been such a big deal in the first place. It's baseball, teams win with their 5th starters and lose with their aces all the time.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

The rule seems silly if he automatically doesn't get the next base on that. He had rounded 3rd before the ball went out of play. It's not like he was between 2nd and 3rd.

Oh yeah I wasn’t questioning the rule just couldn’t believe how close he was to the plate before the ball went out of play.

The mighty Reds must just be toying with us. They are just so much better.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Oh yeah I wasn’t questioning the rule just couldn’t believe how close he was to the plate before the ball went out of play.

Right. I just think it's kind of silly that Adames essentially gets penalized for the ball going out of play, which makes no sense. He should get the next base after the last one he reached at the time the ball goes out of play. Fortunately didn't matter.

Is Yelich still getting on base at a decent clip? If so, would it make sense to have him bat lead-off? He still can run very well, so off he gets on it could create scoring opportunities even though he is awful right now.

Wong is doing just fine at leadoff.

Miguel Sanchez is really living the baseball dream. Not so touted guy, didn't get a big bonus, wasn't a touted prospect. Has done ok in the minors, but never lit it up. Just kept moving up..moving up ..and moving up. Finally gets a shot at age 27 and performing well at the highest level.

Is Yelich still getting on base at a decent clip? If so, would it make sense to have him bat lead-off? He still can run very well, so off he gets on it could create scoring opportunities even though he is awful right now.

Wong is doing just fine at leadoff.

I’m not questioning Wong. I’m trying to think of ways to better utilize Yelich. If he can get on base and then you have Wong, Urias, Adames coming up, it may be better than Yelich batting second.

The Urias trade doesn't look bad at all especially when you consider how much harder it is to fill third base versus outfield. If Lauer gives us a solid back end starter cheap we have to end up thrilled with the deal.

My recollection is that umps are allowed to award home on that Adames play, and they should have. Maybe I'm wrong.

That's what I would have assumed. It wasn't even really close, he had long since rounded 3rd.

The Urias trade doesn't look bad at all especially when you consider how much harder it is to fill third base versus outfield. If Lauer gives us a solid back end starter cheap we have to end up thrilled with the deal.

I love Grisham, but yeah, it looks a lot different now than early this season.

Had we given up Hiura instead of Grisham it would look like a slam dunk win, which is ironic because that would have been widely panned.

The rebirth of Lauer makes it interesting. I am a big Grisham guy but if Lauer is really a solid back end guy then yeah it's a solid deal.

Archived