Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-16: Brewers (Houser) at Reds (Mahle) [Brewers win, 11-6 -- Adames tallies 3 hits and 4 RBI as Crew overcomes early deficit]

Eye Black

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
The current Reds batters have had a lot of recent success against Adrian Houser (.914 OPS in 120 plate appearances), hopefully that comes to a bit of a halt tonight.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

would be nice to start the second half with a win, so of course houser gets the nod. Hopefully all of our guys pitch and hit better than the last series, and the in game thread gets a break from the in fighting as a result.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Love the lineup tonight. Wong being back and Peterson at 1st. Would like to see this be there go-to lineup for most games especially against righties. Hopefully Wong can stay healthy.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Peterson at 1B... hmmm

One of the team's hottest bats before the AS Break. Gotta find a spot for him until he cools off.

I agree, but just so unlike CC

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

In his last two starts Mahle went 11 innings total, allowed 9 hits and 8 walks, a homerun and a hit by pitch. More the same please.

It would be nice if Mahle would hand the Brewers some runs on a silver platter like he did last Thursday because the Brewers haven’t hit him much in his two starts against this season. As I mentioned in the thread about the rotation, Houser has not been very effective in his 3 starts against the Reds: 10 runs in 13 innings and almost 2 base runners per IP.

It was looking earlier like there was a good chance of rain delays or a rainout as Cincinnati is under a Flash Flood Watch. But now it looks like there may be a window to get the game in.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Community Moderator
Imagine the thoughts that would’ve gone through your head if someone told you before the season that Jace Peterson would be the starting 1B coming out of the All Star break. I hope he stays hot!
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
not great, bob
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
avi maria
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

JBJ is beyond useless.

yup, and we are stuck with him next year too.

I am expecting the same issues with Cain next year, hurt half the time...

CF will be a black hole for the rest of the season, and more than likely, next season too.

:(

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived