Brewer Fanatic

Lindblom 7-15-21

Yep....could not have said it any better than the previous two posters! Lindblom is just not a quality big league SP. He's in that AAAA territory where he'll have success against AAA hitters, but will get tagged repeatedly by big league lineups. I give Stearns credit for taking a chance on Lindblom after his success in Korea, but unfortunately the risk did not turn into a reward here as I don't think the evaluation was a good one.

I don’t want to write Lindblom off yet. I expect he will be called up at some point again to be a long reliever or throw a spot start because of injury. Many had written off a number of our players (Leuer, Hiura, JBJ) and maybe some are in the right to do so, but Lindblom has had enough success elsewhere to possibly be ok here

It’s gotten a bit too late to give Lindblom much more of a chance at the major league level this year. Much more palatable to give him another look in early 2022, if he has still looked ok in AAA up to that point.

But I think they have plans behind plans behind plans, and Lindblom is in some plan between C and Z. :)

Who you going to replace? Best case is they can sell him to some bottom feeder team that needs an arm to replenish their rotation after they deal a starter. After the season they'll be a couple dozen inexpensive veterans out there to contend for the 6th starter job.

Archived