Brewer Fanatic

Kyle Lobstein acquired from Washington for Cash

markedman5

LHP Kyle Lobstein has been acquired from Washington for cash considerations and has been assigned to Triple-A Nashville. RHP Ryan Weber has been designated for assignment. INF/OF Daniel Robertson outrighted to Triple-A Nashville.

Lobstein claims the 40th spot on the roster from Weber. He will be DFA'd whenever we need an open spot.

All joking aside, I don't think we really need another LOOGY. He's pitched well at AAA this year but for his career in the majors he has extreme splits (OPS against: 576 vs LH, 860 vs RH). Not exactly a multi-inning reliever. With Hader, Suter, Perdomo, and Milner we seem set with LH relievers (and Ashby if he gets another shot this year).

I wonder what the record is for AAAA players acquired in a season? maybe he’s trying to go the video game route and trade like ten of them for a clean up hitter like freeman. time will tell
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

There goes that lefty for the playoffs push and now David needs to find a bat

Yep I’m pleased to say schoop will soon be our star first baseman hitting cleanup!

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I'm still trying to figure out what's not to like about Hoby Milner? Sure he's given up some hits and had a couple rough outings but they've not been because he's walked people and it's not like he can't miss bats. He's been a bit unlucky on batted balls with a .500 BABIP against but he's still got 16 K's in 11 2/3 innings. He has allowed zero runs and 3 hits in 15 AAA innings with 27 Ks and 1 BB. Apparently he's been ok with BABIP against at Nashville.

I'm still trying to figure out what's not to like about Hoby Milner? Sure he's given up some hits and had a couple rough outings but they've not been because he's walked people and it's not like he can't miss bats. He's been a bit unlucky on batted balls with a .500 BABIP against but he's still got 16 K's in 11 2/3 innings. He has allowed zero runs and 3 hits in 15 AAA innings with 27 Ks and 1 BB. Apparently he's been ok with BABIP against at Nashville.

You have a stat sheet, professional baseball teams have scouting reports and extensive video. There is a reason after all that Milner is a 9 year professional with his fourth organization and has less than 70 innings in the majors.

First time I realized we had a guy named Ryan Weber on our 40 man roster, and now we don't.

You posted twice in his thread. :)

I believe it. I post on everything. Just wasn't memorable enough for me to even remember who he was. :)

So I guess not the first time technically, just the first time since then that I remembered it, lol.

I think your answer was in your stats. .500 BABIP isn't just unlucky. It's balls hit hard far too many times. He has allowed 20 hits in less than 12 IPs and has a 1.89 WHIP. When the LOOGY became a thing of the past, Milner became a mop-up guy at best.

Sometimes I think Stearns with utility guys and relievers is like me with board games, beer, and music. He sees the next shiny thing and seemingly forgets about the perfectly good shiny thing he just picked up. That Ballast Point IPA was last week, have you tried this one from Offshoot? Mostly they do a good job of not moving too quickly on players, but just this year McKinney and Bickford are examples of guys that they maybe just maybe pulled the plug on too soon.

It should also be noted that the Brewers remorselessly cycle a few pitchers with options between AAA and MLB and use the 40 man roster as a resource. So Milner can be in their plans as guy who will be moved back and forth several times.

First time I realized we had a guy named Ryan Weber on our 40 man roster, and now we don't.

You posted twice in his thread. :)

I believe it. I post on everything. Just wasn't memorable enough for me to even remember who he was. :)

So I guess not the first time technically, just the first time since then that I remembered it, lol.

I hear ya.

I see posts of mine that I'm like "Oh, I said that I guess".

There goes that lefty for the playoffs push and now David needs to find a bat

They could just free Cooper Hummel...

Don't think so. Dude can't even get playing time in Nashville.

think i should have wrote it blue to cover my sarcasm

• 1 month later...
kyle lobstein has been designated for assignment. the brewers have seven days to release or try to outright him to the minors. if he clears outright waivers, he reserves the right to refuse the minor league assignment and become a free agent.

Archived