Brewer Fanatic

Stephen A. Smith

Mr Southpaw

No one cares. Stop watching shows where two people argue. It is horrible for your mental health.

Stop watching ESPN other than live sports, it's a horrible network which treats their employees terribly.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

What will ESPN do with Stephen A. Smith after his comment about Ohtani then apology for the "he can't be the face of baseball" comment?

Nothing? Is there anything that drives clicks and views more than controversy?

No one cares. Stop watching shows where two people argue. It is horrible for your mental health.

Stop watching ESPN other than live sports, it's a horrible network which treats their employees terribly.

I don't watch "those" shows. I just saw and read it on an internet news site. I rarely watch ESPN unless they have a live game on and then I rarely listen to the announcers.

What will ESPN do with Stephen A. Smith after his comment about Ohtani then apology for the "he can't be the face of baseball" comment?

Nothing? Is there anything that drives clicks and views more than controversy?

Bingo. His takes are awful, his delivery is awful.....and he makes $12M a year.

Nothing. Really ironic that a guy that sits around trashing people for being ignorant on similar topics decided to do exactly that himself. Don't forget his comments about the Nigerian basketball team.

I guess if your show is a clown show its okay to degrade people from other countries.

If you are a wrestling fan, he is just trying to be a heel. I have no use of the guy. Don't care what he thinks about Milwaukee (although I do not think what he says is his true feelings).

Its a little hypocritical to remove Rachel Nichols from the finals for her comments, and yet Stephen A continues to get to rant and rave like a lunatic on ESPN.

Give him a raise. He did exactly what he's paid to do. Is anyone actually talking about the all star game right now? No, it's all about this piece of human garbage and his mouth.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It was a planned segment. The producers knew what he was gonna say. The hot take shows (sports and non sports) are all the same.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Supposedly not long ago, Smith said baseball should be marketing Ohtani more than they have been doing. Then suddenly he doesn't deserve to be the face because he can't speak English. The show was obviously scripted.

Stop watching ESPN other than live sports

And I can say first hand that it's a pretty easy thing to do. I'm down to only watching Badger football games on ESPN, nothing else. Never thought I would say something like that 15 years ago. Lots of other entertainment options out there.

This is the right post.

ESPN has gotten so bad (in my opinion) that I can barely watch live sports. Their baseball broadcasts seem especially bad.

yeah I think the final straw for me was somewhere between the senseless rankings they do in all sports and John Kruk declaring the pirates would win the division in 2007 when they were absolutely awful. These guys are paid clowns, just laugh at them as they perform their routine
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Bingo. The only thing is they have rights to certain games I want to watch. Otherwise I wouldn’t go there. Their “talk” programming is worse than garbage.

Somehow I would find Stephen A. Smith an even bigger piece of garbage if it was scripted and said it anyway. For all the time he spends speaking out on social issues, it would be pretty gross for him to say that stuff even though he knew it was wrong. That being said I’m not sure that was really the case. Was he baited into the topic by producers knowing he’d say something dumb? Maybe.

I don’t think the show is as scripted as people make it out to be. Smith knows being ridiculous is apart of his thing and why he makes money…but past that I am not sure how much he is really told what to say.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I believe he was "out sick" this morning.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

There are a lot of people out there, that if they said the same stuff, would be fired immediately, yet for some odd reason, he was not. (as far as we know)

I can't stand the guy, and disagree with about 95% of everything that comes out of his blow hard mouth.

I hope he gets the boot, never to be heard from again.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived