Brewer Fanatic

Question for the stadium regulars:

TURBO

Miller Park/American Family Field regulars, I have a question... I am going to the game tomorrow (Yount bobble day) but have to pick up 2 Woodstock bobbles from the ticket office that are being replaced because they were broken.

They only allow 9"x5"x2" bags in the stadium, so does this mean I won't be allowed to take the Woodstock bobbles into the stadium?

I'll be shuttling to the stadium from a local eating establishment, so I can't take the bobbles to the car after I get them...

Are they actually following the bag size limitations?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I have carried small items in and haven't been stopped. Since they don't like bags, I also bring a small plastic grocery bag or one of those cloth bags with a pull string closure and put it in my pocket. Once I get through the gate I put all my stuff in the bag. Works great when you have all those bobble heads, etc.

I suggest you put your items in a clear ziploc, then put them inside your other bag once you are inside. I had my ziploc bag in a paper bag and they made me take it out. My ziploc was a gallon storage bag, bigger than the posted 9x5x2 limit, but it didn’t seem to be an issue. Hope I understood your question.

I have carried small items in and haven't been stopped. Since they don't like bags, I also bring a small plastic grocery bag or one of those cloth bags with a pull string closure and put it in my pocket. Once I get through the gate I put all my stuff in the bag. Works great when you have all those bobble heads, etc.

So you think they will let me carry 2 Woodstock Bobbles into the stadium, especially since I am picking them up from the ticket office?

Then I like your idea, drop them into a plastic bag once I get through the gates...

Thanks!

My experiences have been different each time depending on which gate I went to and whom was in charge. Some were extremely liberal in allowing items in…, guy in front of me taking a large bag in with them just checking it like days of old. Once I had to take everything out of a plastic bag, but then I could keep said bag and use it in the stadium, putting items back in right after entry.

My opinion is that many fans still do not know the rules. Those going three times in April/June/July have had different stadium rules each time, and then each of those times rules were really not hard set.

Ok, let me ask this question then:

Is the outside ticket office connected to the inside ticket office?

If so, do you think it would work to give them the damaaed bobbles at the outside ticket window, then ask them to leave the new ones at the inside ticket window?

Does that make sense?

It seems silly that they set the pick up at the outside windows if I can't then take them inside the stadium...

If so, do you think it would work to give them the damaaed bobbles at the outside ticket window, then ask them to leave the new ones at the inside ticket window?

Does that make sense?

It seems silly that they set the pick up at the outside windows if I can't then take them inside the stadium...

Hope all went well… interested in what they said.

Does that make sense?

Hope all went well… interested in what they said.

game is tomorrow, we shall see...

I hope it worked out for you. Our experiences with ballpark security at the gates has been really inconsistent this season. For bobble days, we have been balling up a plastic grocery bag in a pocket and then opening it up once inside to carry the merchandise.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It all worked out...

I asked the lady at the outside ticket window if I could pick them up at the inside ticket window. She said that will work, so I gave her the two broken ones via the little drop box below the window, and she took the two good ones to the inside window.

Went through the gate, got the Yount bobbles, then went to the ticket office inside to get the woodstock bobbles.

Easy peasy.

Archived