Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-10: Reds (Gutiérrez) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Ump Show Strikes Again]

Eye Black
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FWIW, both Uecker and Levering said the Yelich play was a bad call, and pretty convincingly. Haudricourt tweeted it was a bad call and called the umpiring this series a crapshow. These are guys that are paid to be objective.

I'm totally in agreement that the Yelich call was trash. Strictly have been referring to today's zone, which some folks have liked to embellish to imply that I've been saying the umpiring in the series has been fine.

This is the way I see it as far as balls and strikes. I agree with you that the pitch was borderline and could've gone either way. This umps strike zone has been far better than the previous two nights, but it does get frustrating when about 90% of the wrong calls go against you and emotions start to run high. Then tack on the Yelich play and it gets to Mount Vesuvius levels. There was obviously no intention on the part of Yelich to try for second and that should be taken into consideration when making a call.

I just want to clarify I believe it should be called a strike on the instance it is a 2 strike pitch, the batter should be protecting in his approach. 0 strikes or 1 strike I'm not going to argue so much on, until it impacts the game. Strike 3s that are borderline. Top/bottom of plate vs inside/outside corners should go in pitcher's favor. A, it quickens the game. B it crosses the plate clearly.

This umpiring looks awful because it's fresh in out heads. I'm sure we all have seen worse. And much better.

I've asked myself that but no, this has be awful from game one.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

This umpiring looks awful because it's fresh in out heads. I'm sure we all have seen worse. And much better.

Never in a series before maybe one or two games but 3 straight? There is one more game yet to go. MLB needs to look into this crew and do something about it.

I've never seen umpiring this bad but I'm guessing the all star break for umps is a big deal too. They seem to be mailing this series in.

Some games do have a lot of close call… this one especially. Bad calls are all magnified when the score is close and tempers are high.

No, I honestly don't think I've seen worse. Not exaggerating at all. It's actually impressive how you can suck for three straight games and one more to go.

I just can't begin to see the downside to robo umps. Seems like everyone would be happier. We all know instantaneously what the call is and that should be able to be relayed to the umpire and the scoreboard operator immediately as to not effect game flow whatsoever.

I've never seen umpiring this bad but I'm guessing the all star break for umps is a big deal too. They seem to be mailing this series in.

Some games do have a lot of close call… this one especially. Bad calls are all magnified when the score is close and tempers are high.

Tempers are high because everyone knows its an important series. To have so much decided by the umpires is not a good look for baseball.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Never in a series before maybe one or two games but 3 straight? There is one more game yet to go. MLB needs to look into this crew and do something about it.

I'm 100% sure that won't happen

Archived