Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-10: Reds (Gutiérrez) at Brewers (Peralta) [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Ump Show Strikes Again]

Eye Black
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What downside would there be to hiring a new hitting coach. Things certainly can't get any worse for this offense.

Coaches coach, hitters hit. What difference does it make? You think a new coach is going to whisper some different words in the ears of Yelich and Hiura and they’ll start to rake?

I don't know if things would improve but I see no downside whatsoever. Haines is flat out not good at his job.

Hear hear!

Honestly in how many spots are the Brewers better than the Reds?? Dangerous situation if Brewers don't upgrade this lineup. Also would help if Wong's calves were not made of paper.

We have far better pitching but their lineup is much better.

Man, why does this forum allow one poster to hijack game threads? Mind boggling a bit why a mod can’t nip this crap so it’s not so obnoxious.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

FWIW, both Uecker and Levering said the Yelich play was a bad call, and pretty convincingly. Haudricourt tweeted it was a bad call and called the umpiring this series a crapshow. These are guys that are paid to be objective.

I'm totally in agreement that the Yelich call was trash. Strictly have been referring to today's zone, which some folks have liked to embellish to imply that I've been saying the umpiring in the series has been fine.

What is Votto arguing about?

Because his check swing wasn’t close?

I'm listening on the radio and watching the gamecast so I honestly didn't know.

Yeah. He easily checked his swing. Umps are guessing out there now

FWIW, both Uecker and Levering said the Yelich play was a bad call, and pretty convincingly. Haudricourt tweeted it was a bad call and called the umpiring this series a crapshow. These are guys that are paid to be objective.

I'm totally in agreement that the Yelich call was trash. Strictly have been referring to today's zone, which some folks have liked to embellish to imply that I've been saying the umpiring in the series has been fine.

There have been several missed ball/strike calls today. It hasn't been as bad a the last two but that doesn't make it good.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Boxberger being released won't happen but I would be in favor of it.

This is a dumb take.

Ok let him pitch mop up games. He should never be involved in high leverage innings.

He is one of our best relief pitchers….. ERA at 3 with 3 saves.

I don't think we have far better pitching. Relief pitching yes but their starting pitching is fairly close especially with Castillo back in form.

I agree. If they figure out the pen, and it's been getting better, they are probably the better team.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I am so sick of umpires throwing people out of games for stupid crap. So often they screw up, someone gets mad, that someone gets tossed. These umps are pathetic, all 4 should be demoted to high school level at best and mlb needs to crack down on umps being such babies...

Archived