Brewer Fanatic

Robertson DFA

markedman5

I like this mainly so that Counsell can’t load the lineup with one more 26th-man. We’ve had too many lineups with 2-3 of these types of guys (in addition to the pitcher). I know injuries came into play, but not always.

He had put up a line of .229/.404/.429 since he came off the IL (In like 50 PAs), but at the same time with how little he was being used it's not really a surprise to see him go. I honestly still think that with somewhat regular playing time he'd be a useful player, but I also don't really see how you can justify giving that PT to him. So in that case it makes sense to stick with the utility guys who can be optioned. And yeah, this may mean someone else is about to be added to the 40-man as well, since if it was just about getting 26-man space they could've sent down Reyes instead.

Don't we get an extra roster spot on double header days though? 27 instead of 26?
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

I like this mainly so that Counsell can’t load the lineup with one more 26th-man. We’ve had too many lineups with 2-3 of these types of guys (in addition to the pitcher). I know injuries came into play, but not always.

Robertson: wRC+ 66 "Garbage DFA!"

Tellez: wRC+ 65 "Our new 1B for years to come!"

Hey, this apple isn't an orange! Unacceptable!

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

But by career its 87 for Robertson and 102 for Tellez. Let's not forget the better side of a platoon. If you can't get a productive 1B elsewhere Stearns has at least kept the cost what? Below 8Mil a year for it? Let the guy have a chance who doesnt K 40pct of the time. Avg production improves the lineup. Can always trade him down the road even this offseason. This is a trade for this season with potential seasons after.

starting from yesterday, the brewers have seven days to trade, release or try to outright robertson to the minor leagues. if robertson clears outright waivers, he will be forced to accept the minor league assignment.

starting from yesterday, the brewers have seven days to trade, release or try to outright robertson to the minor leagues. if robertson clears outright waivers, he will be forced to accept the minor league assignment.

robertson cleared outright waivers and has been assigned to class aaa nashville.

Archived