Brewer Fanatic

Nike City Jersey's

Madhawk23
So, I've seen a few teams that have unveiled these alternate Nike City uniforms. I know both Chicago teams have worn theirs already and now the Giants just released their hideous uniforms this week (maybe I'm missing one or two?). My question for anyone that might know the answer is: are all teams going to have these alternate jerseys (kind of like what the NBA is doing), or is this just a handful of the bigger market teams that are doing this with Nike?

It's fine, but at some point you'd think they'd reach market saturation with jerseys. Nearly every team now has a home, road, and alternate with some even having home alternate and road alternates. Then there are player's weekend, plus unique all star jerseys now, and the city jerseys. Sheesh.

I'm fine with the jerseys, and also with the cluttered word art caps that have been getting criticism on social media.

I just know that I'm way outside of the targeted demographic for those items. I'll never wear any of them, but baseball thinks somebody else will.

If that's a way to attract more fans, then it's all good.

I know that I'll sound like the old guy that I am, but I'm really not a huge fan of the 10+ jerseys that it seems like NBA teams now have. Maybe i'm just a traditionalist, but I feel like especially in the postseason - the Bucks should not be allowed to wear a bright blue jersey, the Hawks should not be allowed to wear a jersey with MLK on it (especially when they are playing a team from Milwaukee that has those three letters in their name), and the Suns should not be allowed to wear a jersey with "The Valley" written on the front. I'm OK if you want to do this sporadically in the regular season, but I think the NBA needs to force their franchises to wear their normal uniforms during the postseason.

I just hope that MLB doesn't follow the NBA in this. I know you need to attract the younger fans who like all of these crazy uniforms, but please just leave them out of the postseason games.

Yuck! I can't stand any of 'em or even the idea of it. (Hat tip for calling out the awful blue Bucks jerseys!!!) Yet it all seems to fall right in line with every hairbrained thing Rob Manfred's doing to desecrate the game (can't stand him, either).

*Insert 'Old Man Yells At Cloud' meme*

I don't think Rob Manfred is as bad as people make him out to be. I think it has more to do with the attempt to improve a league that just really isn't a great of an entertainment product these days and the fact the players/owners are just trash at actually want to improve their league. It feels like Manfred is trying to control a bunch of cattle and get them back to the pasture 100 miles away. I don't think anyone is going to look good trying to run baseball.

Rob Manfred has messed around with a lot of things as if just to tinker -- and with little clue as to their effectiveness. I get his motivation, but his choices are poor and misguided and frustratingly & seemingly endless.

I know that I'll sound like the old guy that I am, but I'm really not a huge fan of the 10+ jerseys that it seems like NBA teams now have. Maybe i'm just a traditionalist, but I feel like especially in the postseason - the Bucks should not be allowed to wear a bright blue jersey, the Hawks should not be allowed to wear a jersey with MLK on it (especially when they are playing a team from Milwaukee that has those three letters in their name), and the Suns should not be allowed to wear a jersey with "The Valley" written on the front. I'm OK if you want to do this sporadically in the regular season, but I think the NBA needs to force their franchises to wear their normal uniforms during the postseason.

I just hope that MLB doesn't follow the NBA in this. I know you need to attract the younger fans who like all of these crazy uniforms, but please just leave them out of the postseason games.

Agreed with all of this!

I'm just not sure that the social justice agenda that has transpired the past couple of years needs to be in the post season.

Regular season, whatever, but please stop messing with the post season unis.

I want to know what team I am watching, not having to spend 5 minutes figuring it out (yes, 5 minutes is an exageration...)

I'm to the point that I think MLB does too many uniforms too. Road, away, and a Sunday jersey is fine...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I think the D-backs City-Connect jerseys are orders of magnitude better than their regular ombre-laden kits.

I actually kind of like the Boston ones. They look like a regular baseball uniform, and the Boston Marathon is a thing worth celebrating.

The Marlins have a Miami flair built into their brand, so I've got no beef with theirs.

The Giants celebrate fog??? That seems dumb.

Both Chicago teams look like bad suits. Navy on navy and black on black just don't look good as a baseball uniform.

Archived