Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-07, Game 1: Brewers (Burnes) at Mets (deGrom) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 8 innings -- Hader blows save for 1st time this season]

Eye Black
This is a situation where some managers would go for a 4 out save.

The best in the game doesn’t. He relies on more than one arm to get the job done.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don’t have a good feeling about Williams here. Would much rather have hader for 1 1/3 but that apparently doesn’t happen anymore

Agreed, this is the key moment of the game why not Hader here to get the out and Williams in the 7th against the bottom of the order.

With a lefty at the plate I would rather see Hader here and hope for the K. With Williams there’s a much higher chance is a ball in play that would give up the lead.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

This is the first time this season I would question Counsell's use of Hader, I'd want him in right here for a 4 out save. Getting a win against deGrom would be a huge lift for the team. Williams makes me nervous.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

The best in the game doesn’t. He relies on more than one arm to get the job done.

Then bring in Hader to get the lefty and use Williams in the 7th.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

With a lefty at the plate I would rather see Hader here and hope for the K. With Williams there’s a much higher chance is a ball in play that would give up the lead.

I sure hope there is some point in the season, at least in September, where Hader is allowed to pitch in this situation.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

This is the first time this season I would question Counsell's use of Hader, I'd want him in right here for a 4 out save. Getting a win against deGrom would be a huge lift for the team. Williams makes me nervous.

Agreed.

Then bring in Hader to get the lefty and use Williams in the 7th.

Naw. Hader is the closer.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Great job Williams! Great job Counsell!!

Agreed.

Seems like board all agrees... so... CC works his black magic and WOAH SOLVDD

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Agreed.

Seems like board all agrees... so... CC works his black magic and WOAH SOLVDD

Was just thinking...I should stop second guessing everything.

How is Williams ever going to be Williams of last year if he can’t be counted on to get 1 out in the 6th(8th) of a game in July? It’s just too damn early to be blowing out your pen for W’s. Trust your guys. CC does this so well and it pays off for him often.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think we have to accept that they aren't using Hader for 4 outs at all at this point of the season

Hader was great in the role he had in 2018. He didn't really like the role, though. So the Brewers adjusted his role to keep one of their most valuable players happy. I not real sure why that is so tough to get. Hader wanted to be a traditional closer. He's now the best one in the game. It's OK

Archived