Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-07, Game 1: Brewers (Burnes) at Mets (deGrom) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 8 innings -- Hader blows save for 1st time this season]

Eye Black
When Burnes's spin rates on his cutter were nearly 2900 (through his 5/25 start), opponents hit .154 (14-91) on that pitch. Since that time, his average spin rate on the cutter is 2678 and they've hit .305 (25-82).

Dang. Thanks for looking this up.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe Jace Peterson is actually a good ball player? I mean he was a 1st round pick. Maybe things have just clicked? That’s what I’m going with anyways.

Ever since he's been a Brewer it seems like he's always on base when he gets a chance to play. A guy people love to complain about but he's done his job as a Brewer.

Community Moderator
This is the dream scenario to have a lead with 3 innings to go. Pulling this one out would be huge.

I used to count outs remaining in these sort of scenarios until the 2019 wild card game forever broke me of the habit.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Maybe Jace Peterson is actually a good ball player? I mean he was a 1st round pick. Maybe things have just clicked? That’s what I’m going with anyways.

I think its probably like Sogard in 2017 and 2019. Ride the lightning until its over then move on.

If this is the Peterson we are going to get moving forward should he not be the primary first baseman when Wong gets back?

He deserves to stay in the lineup somewhere with the way he’s been hitting lately.

I never worry much about where to play a guy because something almost always seems to open up.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Perfect toss Narvaez! Great tag too!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Our catchers are beasts when it comes to throwing guys out. Love it!
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

To sum up the bottom of the fifth: E5 on Urias, which led the Mets to bunt deGrom. He pops it up for the out, no advance. Nimmo hits a popup to short left that Yelich drops, but gets the runner at second because he was holding up. Then, Narvaez guns the runner trying to steal second. All in a day's work.

Never understand when people boo pick-off attempts to 1st (whether its our fans or another team's fans). That's part of baseball, and there is a clear example of why you do it. Of course the clown who is the current MLB commissioner has hinted at making new rules to limit pick-off attempts.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I'm actually a little surprised people are that upset about Yelich not making that catch, he catches it or does what actually happened on and throws the runner out at 2nd. Zero drama. I think it would have been worse if it had been Adames running away from the infield to flub the catch so it was right of Yelich to call him off with his momentum taking him towards the infield.

I fully believe Yelich missed the catch because he was concerned about a collision.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Archived