Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-07, Game 1: Brewers (Burnes) at Mets (deGrom) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 8 innings -- Hader blows save for 1st time this season]

Eye Black
  • Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m hoping that Suter can get out of the 8th with a tie.

Yeah, our WE dropped to 17% with the bases loaded and no outs... ties would have been real good

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I really would have gone with Cousins or Sanchez or even Strickland here. Suter just seems an odd choice, even though I like him.

Easy to say now, I guess.

Nah. Plenty of people thought/said it right away.

I mean, Counsell is aware that we have other strikeout pitchers in our pen besides Hader and Williams, right? What a befuddling choice. There's a time and place for Suter. A 1 run lead with a man on 2nd in a sudden death situation ain't it.

I’m getting the feeling we are hitting a stretch like early this season. Had a chance to sweep the Dodgers in a 4 game series and got blown out in game 4 and proceeded to go on a losing streak.

I mean, Counsell is aware that we have other strikeout pitchers in our pen besides Hader and Williams, right? What a befuddling choice. There's a time and place for Suter. A 1 run lead with a man on 2nd in a sudden death situation ain't it.

Hear hear!

I’m hoping that Suter can get out of the 8th with a tie.

Yeah, our WE dropped to 17% with the bases loaded and no outs... ties would have been real good

What is it to start the inning with a runner on second and no out? Can’t be much higher than 50%.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Well, I’m expecting to get swept by NY now. Hopefully it doesn’t carry on and end up being a huge losing streak.

The good news is the Mets are probably going with a bullpen game for the 2nd one

Archived