Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Mets (deGrom) [Game Postponed]

Eye Black

Haudricort had a good column on JSOnline this morning describing why the Brewers streaky hitting this season has Brewers fans nervous that another one of those slumps is upon us. Another cold snap like the ones in May, and in the last series against the Reds, and the 8 game lead could be gone as quickly as it appeared.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Meh, the ebs and flows of a season always occur. More than likely that the Brewers are not going to run away with it. They’re going to have bad stretches still. That’s baseball.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I wonder if they'll get this game in? The forecast doesn't look very promising...

Would figure a Wednesday double-header would be in order if they can't fit it in...depends on just how "scattered" those t-storms are, I guess.

With DeGrom going, wouldn't mind about an hour and a half delay around about the 3rd inning...

Meh, the ebs and flows of a season always occur. More than likely that the Brewers are not going to run away with it. They’re going to have bad stretches still. That’s baseball.

Normal ebbs and flows don’t usually involve going from a tie for first to an 8 game lead in about 10 days and then surrendering most of it back in another 10. With all of those games against the Reds coming up that could happen if the Brewers have another major scoring drought.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Normal ebbs and flows don’t usually involve going from a tie for first to an 8 game lead in about 10 days and then surrendering most of it back in another 10. With all of those games against the Reds coming up that could happen if the Brewers have another major scoring drought.

Could and maybe will happen. The Reds have a good team and I’m sure the Cubs will get on track too. The Brewers aren’t the runaways here. They’ve had a great stretch and I’m sure they’ll be in the mix in the end.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Looking at the current radar I would say that there is a very good possibility that this game is not going to be played tonight. There is a severe thunderstorm warning now as a line of heavy storms descends on NYC and it looks like it could be raining for a couple of hours.

Community Moderator
Looking at the current radar I would say that there is a very good possibility that this game is not going to be played tonight. There is a severe thunderstorm warning now as a line of heavy storms descends on NYC and it looks like it could be raining for a couple of hours.

From Mets owner Steven Cohen on Twitter…

Looks like weather delays but they are going to try and get the game in

Weather looks great at 11 pm

Looks like weather will improve between 8-9pm

Reminder the times mentioned are referring to the Eastern Time Zone.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Is there a service that sends a text message when a game is started? Or what's the best way of not missing the start?

I believe the MLB app does this if you turn the notifications on and your subscribed to the Brewers.

Weather is great at 11:00? What? Even if this game starts at 9:00/9:30 (Eastern), that seems pretty crappy for the fan with tickets. Baseball needs to have some guidelines or cutoffs for when they can start….. especially weeknight games since ya know people work the next day.

https://www.screwballtimes.com/articles/mlb-rain-delay-rules/

Weather is great at 11:00? What? Even if this game starts at 9:00/9:30 (Eastern), that seems pretty crappy for the fan with tickets. Baseball needs to have some guidelines or cutoffs for when they can start….. especially weeknight games since ya know people work the next day.

Is there a rule about games being postponed due to rain during 72 degrees and sunny weather?

162 games is a lot to get in. Can't just call it off every time you can't get into it within an hour of scheduled start time. Sucks for the fans, but also sucks if they travel from upstate and the whole thing gets postponed. Build a dome and avoid all contingencies.

I would propose shortening games to 7 innings if there is more than an hour initial delay to opening pitch.

I sat through a rain delay at Citi Field once. The fun part was trying to catch a train back into the city at 1am... and I left before the game ended.

Is there a service that sends a text message when a game is started? Or what's the best way of not missing the start?

I believe the MLB app does this if you turn the notifications on and your subscribed to the Brewers.

Hmmmm, it says.. "MLB app users can choose from MLB Notifications, Team News, Game Start, Game End, Scoring Change, Lead Change, Video Highlight, and Condensed Game notifications."

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Officially postponed.

Edit: DH tomorrow.

Milwaukee Brewers

@Brewers

Tonight’s MIL @ NYM game has been postponed due to rain and rescheduled as a split doubleheader tomorrow, Wednesday, July 7th:

•Game 1 will be the rescheduled game from tonight, starting at 2:10 PM ET

•Game 2 will be the originally scheduled game, starting at 7:10 PM ET

Community Moderator
For all the scoreboard watchers out there, the Reds just gave up 4 in the 9th to lose to the Royals, so the Brewers gained a 1/2 game in the standings. The Reds pen is a major Achilles heel.

The Reds were winning 6-1 entering the bottom of the 8th inning. They lost 7-6.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

For all the scoreboard watchers out there, the Reds just gave up 4 in the 9th to lose to the Royals, so the Brewers gained a 1/2 game in the standings. The Reds pen is a major Achilles heel.

The Reds were winning 6-1 entering the bottom of the 8th inning. They lost 7-6.

Wow.

Archived