Brewer Fanatic

2021-07-05: Brewers (Woodruff) at Mets (Megill) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But four for his last 21 with 9 k's. It always seems like after he comes up he hits for about a week and then goes right back in the tank

That's valid, but I feel like the first time he came back he got a hit early and then looked lost. This time it feels like he is actually taking a few tough pitches.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
not sure why Woody didn't throw to third there.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

But four for his last 21 with 9 k's. It always seems like after he comes up he hits for about a week and then goes right back in the tank

That's valid, but I feel like the first time he came back he got a hit early and then looked lost. This time it feels like he is actually taking a few tough pitches.

Yeah he's been back for 11 games before this one and has two 4 game hitting streaks. I don't think he looks nearly as lost as before. Although it has been a game and a half since his last hit so idk.

Yeah he's been back for 11 games before this one and has two 4 game hitting streaks. I don't think he looks nearly as lost as before. Although it has been a game and a half since his last hit so idk.

Not like the rest of the lineup was crushing Megill but Hiura was just swinging through fastballs...the guy had good stuff that the whole team struggled with. I'm not sure 11 games was enough to declare Hiura back but I am certain that 2 games is not enough to say he's useless again

I think the concerns of yelich crippling the franchise in the future are getting semi-realistic. I just don’t see him having fun or having the passion from past years-is there anything going on behind the scenes there?
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Yelich is still a decent player. The problem is, we didn't pay 7 years and $189 million with the intention of getting "decent."

That’s the point-is he still hurt? I know he’s being pitched around, but the pitch recognition and flailing front shoulder is very concerning. That’s what makes me think there’s more going on than the injury

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I think the concerns of yelich crippling the franchise in the future are getting semi-realistic. I just don’t see him having fun or having the passion from past years-is there anything going on behind the scenes there?

It's my 100% non-professional opinion that he's afraid of injury. Either he's afraid of smashing a ball off his knee again or his back is still causing him trouble and he's had to adjust his swing because of it.

Well...his production is probably a factor in his attitude. Definitely more fun when you're hitting a homerun every 10 at bats.

It's my 100% non-professional opinion that he's afraid of injury. Either he's afraid of smashing a ball off his knee again or his back is still causing him trouble and he's had to adjust his swing because of it.

I’m not buying that excuse, just not buying it.

Did pitchers finally figure him out, did them deadening the ball aid to it? Whatever it is, I refuse to believe Yelich is scared of fouling a ball off his knee. He has swung thousands of times since…no way he had to drive to become an MVP and then crumble because he is scared of a ball he saw tens of thousands of times before.

Well...his production is probably a factor in his attitude. Definitely more fun when you're hitting a homerun every 10 at bats.

Agreed. It’s a multitude of factors, I guess it remains to be seen if things change. it’s just sad with yelich and hiura these past 140+ games with our pitching window.

Archived