Brewer Fanatic

Kevin Kramer acquired from Pirates for Nathan Kirby

brewmann04

rom Pirates

July 4th, 2021 at 4:10pm CST • By Mark Polishuk

The Brewers and Pirates have swung an inter-division trade, with utilityman Kevin Kramer going to Milwaukee. In return, Pittsburgh will receive left-hander Nathan Kirby.

Yeah I think it's a matter of Perez going to Korea, Westbrook to the Olympics etc and needing bodies. They had promoted Yeison Coca who was already struggling offensively in A+ to fill in already.

I only remember him for the Newman-Kramer connection on the Pirates.

This is part of Kirby’s path to becoming an ace reliever on the Dodgers
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

Don't be surprised to see Kirby in the majors this year, though I don't expect much from him. If I did the math correctly, Kirby is a 6 year minor league free agent, so the Pirates have to add him to the 40 man roster or risk losing him. I think Kramer is in the same situation.

I remember being upset when we traded Ponce to the Pirates a couple years ago, and that seems to have turned out well for us ;)

I believe the Brewers left Kirby unprotected in the minor league phase of the rule 5 draft so not a surprise they are willing to trade him for minor league depth. Kirby probably has a shot at the bigs this season with the Pirates. Would have left the Brewers in minor league free agency anyway.

Archived