Brewer Fanatic

2021 NBA Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs Phoenix Suns BUCKS WIN THE TITLE!!!!

homer

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Bucks outscored Suns with Giannis on the floor in Game 1 in those 35 minutes….wow, what a stat.

So what you're saying is the Bucks are better with Giannis.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucks outscored Suns with Giannis on the floor in Game 1 in those 35 minutes….wow, what a stat.

Sure….. funny. Didn’t expect to lose by 11 and have plus numbers when 34 was on the floor. It usually isn’t this drastic. So double digit negative without Giannis for 13 minutes.

Sure….. funny. Didn’t expect to lose by 11 and have plus numbers when 34 was on the floor. It usually isn’t this drastic. So double digit negative without Giannis for 13 minutes.

I didn't mean to imply anything about your post. There is this weird "Bucks are better without Giannis" myth out there because of the Hawks series.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Community Moderator
I think there is something to be said for him disrupting the nice offensive flow that the Bucks had going in games 5-6 of the Atlanta series. But I don't know how you could possibly watch Giannis on defense and say that the Bucks would somehow be better without him. I would expect that from Skip Bayless though, it's his job to say stuff like that. Poor guy can't talk about LeBron for the next week.

A few of my friends really dislike coach bud, specifically noting that he doesn't make good adjustments to win playoff series. It's very critical he comes up with some sort of adjustment for game 2 to avoid the Paul/Booker vs Lopez/Portis easy buckets. There are a lot of options. Go with the 4th quarter lineup, switch much less, zone, have lopez/portis get closer to avoid easy mid-range jumpers and have help defense available when they drive past, etc...probably quite a few more, he's the coach it's really on him to figure it out. But a guy like me who is not much of a basketball guy at all could see exactly what they were doing and the success rate...and realize it's a problem. We certainly won't win if Paul is iso'd vs Lopez with 15 seconds on the shot clock consistently like what happened game 1.

Also, it would be cool if calls went 60/40 in favor of the suns vs whatever awful ratio happened last game.

Bud doesn't make in-game adjustments but I've been happy with what he's been able to do from game to game. It was the same thing in Game 1 against Atlanta when Trey Young torched us, but the adjustments Budenholzer made after that were terrific and really stopped him (as much as possible, anyway). Sure nothing worked against Durant, but it's Durant.

Lopez was I think a -17. And he's not a poor defensive player. So I'm expecting a pretty drastic change in defenses tonight with a lot of Giannis at the 5.

But what's up with Budenholzer being 0-4 in Game 1s? Is 2-2 really too much to expect from a team that's good enough to make the Finals?

Pretty important game tonight. Win and you're headed back home feeling good and having HCA on your side.

Lose and go down 2-0...meh, not over, but looking pretty bleak.

We were down 0-2 to the Nets and that was bleak too. We lost game one to ATL and we "lost home court". We lost Giannis and that series was over. I'll consider this series bleak if we lose one on our home floor. I'm not going to be jazzed if we lose tonight, but that's the nature of 7 game series.

Pretty important game tonight. Win and you're headed back home feeling good and having HCA on your side.

We were down 0-2 to the Nets and that was bleak too. We lost game one to ATL and we "lost home court". We lost Giannis and that series was over. I'll consider this series bleak if we lose one on our home floor. I'm not going to be jazzed if we lose tonight, but that's the nature of 7 game series.

I mean a team down 2-0 wins the series 13% of the time. Everyone can feel how they want to feel about it, but to me, that's bleak. The fact that it happened against the Nets doesn't make it any more or less likely to happen again. I'm not writing off the series if they lose tonight, but obviously 1-1 changes the outlook greatly.

I mean a team down 2-0 wins the series 13% of the time. Everyone can feel how they want to feel about it, but to me, that's bleak. The fact that it happened against the Nets doesn't make it any more or less likely to happen again. I'm not writing off the series if they lose tonight, but obviously 1-1 changes the outlook greatly.

3 years ago we lost a series we were up 2-0 and were absolutely going to win. ANything above zero percent means it's not over.

Nice to see the Suns missing some midrange shots (somewhat due to better Bucks D. But they also seemingly didn't miss last game) and to see the Bucks converting most of their chances at the rim tonight.

Yes, it is not over yet regardless of whether they win or lose tonight, we agree on that. Other than that, we're splitting hairs on definitions.

You're right. Everyone is allowed to feel how they feel. I also agree on that. I find it a little odd that even myself, a fan used to frustration and failure is seeing a lot of doom and gloom after one game where we (for sure) got whooped. We got CLOWNED by the Nets. CLOWNED. I know they had a lot of injuries, but if there was a series we looked completely overmatched, that was it.

It's the finals! I wanna enjoy this. Even if we lose. It's the first finals since I was born. I'm not trying to prepare myself for the eventual let down that's probably going to happen. This is exciting crap for us!