Brewer Fanatic

2021 NBA Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs Phoenix Suns BUCKS WIN THE TITLE!!!!

homer

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came here honestly just to eat crow. I’ve bagged on Middleton all year as a true number 2. I like Khris, but didn’t think of him as a 1B type guy to Giannis. He didn’t go off in game 7, but he did plenty throughout the series. Then the shot he hit with a minute left was essentially the dagger. Tough jumper running to his right. To officially honor my doubt, I will be purchasing a Middleton jersey tomorrow. I WAS WRONG!!!

I’m in Chicago tonight, I left my hotel and walked to the first bar I ran into with open seats at the bar. We ended up at Dugans. Small dive bar, and one of the ten people in there was even routing for the bucks, lol. We will be coming back through Milwaukee tomorrow on the way home.

1st championship in 1971 the Bucks were Western Conerence champs, while they were Eastern Champs this year. First time thats happened.

Great series and fantastic for the Milwaukee and Wisconsin sports fans to have another non-packers championship. Hopefully the wait for the next is much less and the other Milwaukee team that switched conferences/leagues steps up.

Thank God for Durant's big feet.

One inch. That was all that was standing in the way of the Bucks being eliminated, Bud being fired, and a likely soft rebuild. Instead look for them to enjoy this, and run back a very similar looking squad next year as the presumed favorites.

Crazy game.

Not sure why the Bucks would be the presumed favorites. I’m guessing that will be the Nets, for good reason. Will the Bucks even be a Top 3 favorite after all the dominos fall in the off season? Guessing LeBrons team will get a bunch of hype, per usual.

I’m not taking anything away from this run, it was well deserved and they played great teams to hoist the trophy. BUT they don’t even make the conference finals if the Nets aren’t severely crippled. I mean they needed every ounce of fight and a big toe to survive that. The Suns took six games to eliminate the Leonard-less to make the finals. How would we have faired against the Clippers with Leonard taking the floor? My point is, those odds/perceived favorites will be determined imagining the sky is bright and injuries are washed away. Going into the season it will be back to imagining a healthy Big 3 and the return of LeBron.

I’m glad Giannis and the Bucks were able to win it this year. With the NBA the way it is, who knows if we ever get such an opportunity again. It’s just not easy for a team like the Bucks.

I remember saying last year I just wanted to win a title regardless even if it were in the bubble and it wouldn't make a difference either way, but I was wrong. Winning it in Milwaukee...winning it in front of a huge crowd...it meant more.

I know COVID isn't "over", but this felt like the first huge post-COVID sports era moment.

I remember saying last year I just wanted to win a title regardless even if it were in the bubble and it wouldn't make a difference either way, but I was wrong. Winning it in Milwaukee...winning it in front of a huge crowd...it meant more.

I know COVID isn't "over", but this felt like the first huge post-COVID sports era moment.

Yah, I wouldn't care slightly if the Packers won in a bubble...but the Bucks/Brewers? People have waited their entire lives for this and you pretty much accept only one in your lifetime is quite possible. It would be terrible for such a moment to be under those kind of circumstances. Yesterday showed exactly why some didn't want such a championship for the Bucks/Brewers.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Thank God for Durant's big feet.

One inch. That was all that was standing in the way of the Bucks being eliminated, Bud being fired, and a likely soft rebuild. Instead look for them to enjoy this, and run back a very similar looking squad next year as the presumed favorites.

Crazy game.

Not sure why the Bucks would be the presumed favorites. I’m guessing that will be the Nets, for good reason. Will the Bucks even be a Top 3 favorite after all the dominos fall in the off season? Guessing LeBrons team will get a bunch of hype, per usual.

I’m not taking anything away from this run, it was well deserved and they played great teams to hoist the trophy. BUT they don’t even make the conference finals if the Nets aren’t severely crippled. I mean they needed every ounce of fight and a big toe to survive that. The Suns took six games to eliminate the Leonard-less to make the finals. How would we have faired against the Clippers with Leonard taking the floor? My point is, those odds/perceived favorites will be determined imagining the sky is bright and injuries are washed away. Going into the season it will be back to imagining a healthy Big 3 and the return of LeBron.

I’m glad Giannis and the Bucks were able to win it this year. With the NBA the way it is, who knows if we ever get such an opportunity again. It’s just not easy for a team like the Bucks.

Dang ... Debbie Downer ;)

I say the Bucks are the presumed favorites because they just won it all, and assuming they will be bringing back a similar core. Yes, other teams had issues. So did the Bucks. They eliminated a very tough Hawks team in two games without Giannis. The top teams will have issues they need to overcome next year as well.

Yes, the super teams are going to get the preseason hype like they always do. But the Bucks will be right up there with them.

I would sure hope this has a ripple effect for good players wanting to come to MKE and be a part of this team. This should only help.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Nets will be the favorite but I don't see them winning unless they tack more ridiculousness on to that roster. The injury thing is going to be a problem for that team every single year and they are not getting younger. My personal hot take is that their Big 3 as it stands is not ever going to win a title.

Lakers will be back again, but you'd think somewhat soon LeBron is slowing down, though I don't think that's 2022. Dame may end up somewhere else, teams change. But the Bucks will be fun to watch and they got their title and that's all I wanted.

What a win! Giannis proves so many people wrong who questioned if he could dominate the same way in the playoffs. Watching the press conference with him after the game was so fun. His shots toward building "super teams" won't make him a lot of friends but shows his mindset.

Also, watched the game down in the District and the crowd was awesome. We were on the side by Panther arena and it was packed. The bucks did an amazing job working to create that outdoor atmosphere. It is cool to see how that has helped shape a national perception of Milwaukee Bucks fans.

Is PC on the take this game?

I'm not going to rag on PC too much here. He didn't score but had some key rebounds in this game. I don't know if I could have shot free throws in that moment knowing I was soon going to get a ring! :)

Enjoy it folks. I am 57. I vaguely remember the Bucks winning 50 years ago. I've lived through a lot of bad teams - and some decent ones. But so much has to go right. You just never know when everything will gel.

Very happy.

I was a sophomore in high school the last time they won it all! :laughing :)

Is PC on the take this game?

I'm not going to rag on PC too much here. He didn't score but had some key rebounds in this game. I don't know if I could have shot free throws in that moment knowing I was soon going to get a ring! :)

The Bucks don't win the title without Pat's contributions this playoffs. Same for Portis and Tucker, it took about 8 guys to get this done. He had a poor shooting night but there were a couple nights he was one of 3 guys hitting shots.

Well they won without Donte and while he isn't a superstar, he gives them another dimension that is lacking with the other players. It would be nice to see him make it through a playoff run and see how the team plays.