Brewer Fanatic

2021 NBA Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs Phoenix Suns BUCKS WIN THE TITLE!!!!

homer

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Pressure is all on the Bucks tonight. I hope they come out with their shorts on fire. My fear is that the shooting disappears as it has every once in a while these playoffs.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Can't be often. It's worth nothing that they only shot 19 threes in Game 5, and only 23 in Game 4, which is way down from earlier in the series where they were attempting at least 30 and hit 40 in Game 2.

Read that Booker had zero assists in the 4th quarter of the last three games. That's why I am fine with him shooting all his midrange twos even if he's making 60% of them. Suns are better when he kicks to the other guys.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think they win. If a Wisconsin team is going to win a ‘ship it feels like it would go in the most fitting fashion. At home, the dumb motto ‘Bucks in 6’ would finally come to fruition, Giannis gets the ‘ship he promised as a teen etc. Feels like Giannis should drop 40 on the way to hoisting his MVP trophy.

If they lose I’m pretty confident they lose Game 7. It’s storybook ending or bust in my predictive mind.

A guy on my facebook posted a stat about series hitting this point in the playoffs. Since 1984 there have been 17 instances with teams winning games as they have this series...the lower seed being up 3-2 after going down 0-2. The lower seed is 9-8 in game 6. Of the 8 that lost, the lower seed is 0-8 in game 7. This guy didn't have a support link for this stat so take with a grain of salt, but really no reason to specifically think he's wrong.

I think even without this stat, game 6 is pretty darn critical as the Suns would have so much momentum going into game 7 if they could pull off a win tonight. Tonight is truly must win.

The Bucks have been the dominant team outside of Game 1. The loss in Game 2 was something of an anomaly. It's been shaping up that the Suns essentially have to shoot out of their minds to win, and even if they do that, they still can lose.

The Bucks are the better team. The Bucks are at home. The Bucks have the best player in the series. The Bucks should win.

A guy on my facebook posted a stat about series hitting this point in the playoffs. Since 1984 there have been 17 instances with teams winning games as they have this series...the lower seed being up 3-2 after going down 0-2. The lower seed is 9-8 in game 6. Of the 8 that lost, the lower seed is 0-8 in game 7. This guy didn't have a support link for this stat so take with a grain of salt, but really no reason to specifically think he's wrong.

I think even without this stat, game 6 is pretty darn critical as the Suns would have so much momentum going into game 7 if they could pull off a win tonight. Tonight is truly must win.

Is part of the reason that they used to go 2-3-2?

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Yeah I'm with TPlush - if the Bucks lose tonight, they're toast.

Unsurprisingly, this is expected to be the most expensive ticket in Wisconsin pro sports history with an average price of $1,098.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nba-finals-bucks-game-6-most-expensive-ticket-wisconsin-history-225436649.html

Not average, that's standing room only. An actual seat us over 1500.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I do sort of regret not hopping on the actual seats which were $6-800 the night we beat Atlanta.

Just no way of knowing when the clinch game is, though.

My buddy got them at face. He said he could sell it for 7x what he paid but he's going to the game.

Community Moderator

My biggest concern about this game is that Giannis is going to be so jacked up that he will be useless on offense until the second half. My second biggest concern is that the NBA is going to referee like they want a game 7. My third biggest concern is that some "Wisconsin sports curse" ghost will appear out of nowhere, I'm glad this game isn't at the Bradley Center because I'm pretty sure a rusted piece of roof would fall on Giannis or something.

Otherwise I agree with everything OldSchoolSnapper has written...the Suns are going to have to hit contested shots to win and hope the Bucks' shooters have the heebie-jeebies.

It reminds me so much of 2019 Bucks/Raptors where we were on the other side of a 2-0 lead. The Bucks have their winning formula figured out and it would take a miracle for the Suns to come up with an answer. Then you throw in the Bucks' experience closing out series, success at home, track record of closing out series, etc. etc.