Brewer Fanatic

2021 NBA Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs Phoenix Suns BUCKS WIN THE TITLE!!!!

homer

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even necessarily need fewer fouls, but get some consistency in what a contact foul is. They basically let guys have a boxing match in the paint at times, but if you brush a shooter's fingertips it is an automatic whistle. Clean steal/reach and blocked shot/foul almost seem like random outcomes as to whether they blow the whistle or not.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Just making a point….

What I brought up about Hader’s usage was my observational opinion too. Lots of “appears” and “possibly” in my thoughts. Yet, it wasn’t received well so some wanted proof, and I was told to move on. Another guy writes about coaches possibly teaching ways to get fouled on a three, and I asked for proof. Same thing.

If you have a problem with the way that Josh hader threadwas handled, take it up with that moderator via PM or talk about it in that thread. Don't hijack another thread because you've got an ax to grind. This is the last word on it. Period.

the reconfigured Deer District(s) will allow for 65,000 people. That's a lot of people.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I think if I do go, I may Uber in.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I have known 6 people to go to the district. 3/6 got their car windows smashed in and raided. Some on the same day near each other but not all...like three different playoff games.

i wouldn't drive either.

Community Moderator
I have known 6 people to go to the district. 3/6 got their car windows smashed in and raided. Some on the same day near each other but not all...like three different playoff games.

i wouldn't drive either.

I went to ECSF game 6 and was initially unwilling to pay $40 for parking but decided to do it anyway after circling for street parking. On the walk into the arena I heard the sound of glass breaking and turned my head to see a guy across the street with his hand through a car window. I just kind of looked at him and he said "I did't do nothing" which made me laugh out loud. We kept walking and a minute or two later a cop car had pulled up and the guy started running from the cops...these cops were built for desk work so they chased the guy one direction but he wanted to go the other way so he just ran a big circle around them and took off in the other direction. After that I didn't feel so bad about paying $40 for parking.

Anyway, it's unfortunate that Milwaukee doesn't have any rapid public transportation to downtown but that's par for the course in small cities. If I was in Milwaukee I would probably park a bit west and hop on a bus for the last mile or two into downtown.

Also, is this the most significant sporting event in Milwaukee history? It has to be up there...1974 NBA finals game 7 might be the last event of this significance.

Edit: semifinals game 6 vs. Brooklyn, I already forgot we played Atlanta after that.

I wonder if any bars are running shuttles? I'm sure there are. I'd check North Ave, Walker's Point area.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I parked in a garage for $8 and it was fine. You can use SpotHero and find a much better deal than driving around the day of.

I have a friend who street parked and his car was a total loss. It was a Hyundai that are a known target. Back window broken, forced entry, car started and taken for a joy ride, crashed, wrecked and abandoned.

Yeah, I'm not taking it for granted. I hope the players don't. I hope they come out hungry to finish this thing.

ANd... I don't care if anyone outside of WIsconsin cares about the Bucks winning a title. I care, and I know a lot of Bucks fans care. That's what matters, in the end. These guys see how crazy WI is for a contender, and how much we support our teams.

It would be the most Wisconsin thing ever to lose this series in 7 games.

Just sayin' :)

I was thinking it, but trying to not to say it to give the basketball gods an idea.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I parked in a garage for $8 and it was fine. You can use SpotHero and find a much better deal than driving around the day of.

I have a friend who street parked and his car was a total loss. It was a Hyundai that are a known target. Back window broken, forced entry, car started and taken for a joy ride, crashed, wrecked and abandoned.

Yup, all of the people I knew street parked. Parking garages are usually much safer, though I recall some people in St Louis told me, unless they have good security, garages can sometimes be worse. Garages are a bunch of cars and don't have people constantly driving by or walking by. Police also can't really watch them either.

Haven't decided how I want to get to Miller Park for the World Series...but I have a few months.

Community Moderator

Yup, all of the people I knew street parked. Parking garages are usually much safer, though I recall some people in St Louis told me, unless they have good security, garages can sometimes be worse. Garages are a bunch of cars and don't have people constantly driving by or walking by. Police also can't really watch them either.

Haven't decided how I want to get to Miller Park for the World Series...but I have a few months.

A year where the Packers making the NFC championship is the worst outcome of our three major league sports teams?

Or (pessimist's take) a year where the Brewers winning their division is the worst outcome...

Community Moderator
Yeah, I'm not taking it for granted. I hope the players don't. I hope they come out hungry to finish this thing.

ANd... I don't care if anyone outside of WIsconsin cares about the Bucks winning a title. I care, and I know a lot of Bucks fans care. That's what matters, in the end. These guys see how crazy WI is for a contender, and how much we support our teams.

It would be the most Wisconsin thing ever to lose this series in 7 games.

Just sayin' :)

I was thinking it, but trying to not to say it to give the basketball gods an idea.

Everybody's thinking it. They couldn't possibly have more momentum right now and they have two games to close it out, plus a strong track record of closing out the three playoff series that got them to this point. What could go wrong?

The Bucks may have a game to spare but if they lose tomorrow the mood in Milwaukee will be funeral parlor-esque. We already stole a game there, doing it twice is a tall order. I think we will close it out tomorrow though. We've had a lot of big moments that seem vindictive of a championship team, we've been knocked down a bunch and came through. But I think ultimately the difference in this series is that the Bucks have been knocking on the door here for years now and they have already failed and already gone through the disappointment. Phoenix surged overnight, but that's a really young team outside of Paul and they haven't ever been kicked in the teeth. I still think it will be another good game, but the Bucks playoff experience comes through in the end.

I try to stay guarded and prepared for every negative possible outcome as a Wisconsin sports fan.

I let my guard down in the NFCCG. I really thought we were going to the Super Bowl.

I really think we're going to be hoisting the Larry O'Brien trophy tomorrow, too. But until it actually happens there will always be a nagging little voice telling me that we are going to catastrophically blow it.

If this was the night before a Packer playoff game, I’d be a nervous wreck and wouldn’t be able to enjoy myself until the game was in hand.

But the Bucks in the Finals? This is house money. Not quite a Super Bowl in my mind (I know we all weight them differently), but I’m actually looking forward to watching a game instead of dreading the inevitable.

The Deer District sounds like you get all the not so great parts of going to games(parking/traffic issues, long bathroom lines, etc) without actually getting to see the game live. But love the shots on TV of it and looks to me like people are having a blast, tomorrow could be really special too. Watch out for a full blown drunken riot if they win though.

Milwaukee deserves this title, really great sports town whose fans deserve better than the chances that their ownership groups and unfair leagues have given them over most of my lifetime.

The Deer District sounds like you get all the not so great parts of going to games(parking/traffic issues, long bathroom lines, etc) without actually getting to see the game live. But love the shots on TV of it and looks to me like people are having a blast, tomorrow could be really special too. Watch out for a full blown drunken riot if they win though.

Milwaukee deserves this title, really great sports town whose fans deserve better than the chances that their ownership groups and unfair leagues have given them over most of my lifetime.

A ton of people there are walking from apartments that are blocks away, so it's no big deal for them to show up. If that were the case for me I'd be there all the time.

I try to stay guarded and prepared for every negative possible outcome as a Wisconsin sports fan.

I let my guard down in the NFCCG. I really thought we were going to the Super Bowl.

I really think we're going to be hoisting the Larry O'Brien trophy tomorrow, too. But until it actually happens there will always be a nagging little voice telling me that we are going to catastrophically blow it.

Yep. I envision the Bucks blowing a sizable lead to have a three-point lead with just seconds left and Booker throws up a three-quarter-court shot, makes it, and for some reason is fouled with a questionable foul, and makes the free-throw with no time left to win. That’s what Wisconsin sports heartbreak brings you.

Yep. I envision the Bucks blowing a sizable lead to have a three-point lead with just seconds left and Booker throws up a three-quarter-court shot, makes it, and for some reason is fouled with a questionable foul, and makes the free-throw with no time left to win. That’s what Wisconsin sports heartbreak brings you.

LOL we will never get over that Seattle NFCC loss

I believe there are only 4 instances of teams coming back down 3-2. Seems like it should be more common of an occurrence.

I think only 4 teams have come back from down in the Finals 0-2 also...

That is all I could think of when they were talking about it. Someone will be making a historical comeback one way or the other.