Brewer Fanatic

2021 NBA Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs Phoenix Suns BUCKS WIN THE TITLE!!!!

homer

Devin Booker is making a good argument for himself, being an incredible shooter while flexing down on Giannis and incessantly whining for calls.

Respectfully, I think this is blown up a bit because he's the opponent. That's 100% part of being a fan invested in your team so I don't begrudge anyone for "hating" Booker but I really don't see anything to really earn the vitriol, he's not doing anything different than Giannis (flexing) or Khris (looking for foul calls).

My personal "hate" is for MU alum Jae Crowder, I've found him frustrating to play against going back a long time, I imagine Bucks opponents have the same feeling about PJ Tucker.

Have to disagree on Booker. He is constantly whining about fouls. I think Khris does this too much but Booker is on a different level. I have had non Buck fans say the same thing. I dont think it is just because we are playing them. Against the Nets Durant worked us over but I never felt like he was a whiner. I never felt Leonard was like that either. They have had video montages of Booker complaining to the refs even when in Game 4 he could have easily had 9 fouls

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dislike for Deer District here is kind of crazy. I am almost 40 and have been down there 10 or so times. I have even brought my son a few times and it has been a great experience for him. I think out in front of the arena is a little nuts but the new spot where the Bradley Center used to be is great. Crowd skews a little older, and definitely more tame. I was there last Sunday and it was one of the best environments I could think of to watch a game. We had friends in from out of town who are about my age and they loved it too. Bathroom breaks definitely take a while if you try to go at halftime though.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Booker acting like he got shot by a sniper every little bit of contact and then instantly getting up and asking/begging/complaining for fouls is awful. It's not even that he flops, it's that he acts like every incidental contact is nearly a career ending injury

Middleton flops/falls down a lot in the act of shooting but doesn't act like he almost died.

The guy on our side that kinda whines a lot is pj tucker. Every foul called on him he's running at a ref with his arms out... "Whaaaaat?"

Booker acting like he got shot by a sniper every little bit of contact and then instantly getting up and asking/begging/complaining for fouls is awful. It's not even that he flops, it's that he acts like every incidental contact is nearly a career ending injury

Middleton flops/falls down a lot in the act of shooting but doesn't act like he almost died.

The guy on our side that kinda whines a lot is pj tucker. Every foul called on him he's running at a ref with his arms out... "Whaaaaat?"

100 percent agree with this

And then whining even more when he commits a foul defensively.

Also, the arm bars he uses to create space when he has the ball are annoying.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I really dislike it when guys 'dive' toward the defender on a three point shot to initiate the contact and draw the foul, and the Suns do it so often that it appears to be part of their coaching strategy, which annoys me immensely.

And then whining even more when he commits a foul defensively.

Also, the arm bars he uses to create space when he has the ball are annoying.

Both him and Paul use the arm bar and don't just use it to block the defender. They blatantly extend the arm bar to initiate the contact to create space

100 percent agree with this

50% of the time he is right to complain. Booker pushes off a lot to get space. When those are no calls, the ticky tack fouls he commits right after the push offs are "complaint warranted".

The dislike for Deer District here is kind of crazy. I am almost 40 and have been down there 10 or so times. I have even brought my son a few times and it has been a great experience for him. I think out in front of the arena is a little nuts but the new spot where the Bradley Center used to be is great. Crowd skews a little older, and definitely more tame. I was there last Sunday and it was one of the best environments I could think of to watch a game. We had friends in from out of town who are about my age and they loved it too. Bathroom breaks definitely take a while if you try to go at halftime though.

I didn't say I didn't like the Deer District. Someone asked what it was like and I told them. Also, the Deer District in years past != the Deer District of the last week. It's THE place to be for drinkers age 17-22 right now. It is what it is. I'd have been there every night 12 years ago. Let the kids have their fun, but I want to actually absorb the game. Not saying it is bad or that I hate it, it's just not what I'm after at my age.

Deer district basically looks like a concert. People packed body to body, a lot of jumping and screaming and yelling...

That's what it looks like to me when they show the people on TV. That's kind of what I feel like you have to expect as far as atmosphere down there. If you're good with that then get down there and have a blast.

Right, and I had fun when I went. I'm just good with that one visit. And I went because it was a Game 6, and we had 7 at home to fall back on. This one is too big for me to watch there. I need to be "in control" of my environment to maintain control of my superstitions. Lol.

Deer district basically looks like a concert. People packed body to body, a lot of jumping and screaming and yelling...

That's what it looks like to me when they show the people on TV. That's kind of what I feel like you have to expect as far as atmosphere down there. If you're good with that then get down there and have a blast.

I think what people are saying is that's just the one area they show on TV. There's another area where the Bradley Center used to be that's much more chill.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I really dislike it when guys 'dive' toward the defender on a three point shot to initiate the contact and draw the foul, and the Suns do it so often that it appears to be part of their coaching strategy, which annoys me immensely.

Yeah, the coaches are teaching a clinic on this….Source?

I think what people are saying is that's just the one area they show on TV. There's another area where the Bradley Center used to be that's much more chill.

Yep. There are two deer districts in a lot of ways. Different experiences

Why would he need a source? It’s an observation. :laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

What? It was literally framed as my own personal opinion/observation.

So what you're saying is that you are admitting to being the source.

Like my Hader stuff, then? Oh, I guess you are right then.

Is it the "it appears" that is throwing you? I don't know how you could otherwise read that as anything other than an observational opinion.

Edited by Ron Robinson's Beard

Like my Hader stuff, then? Oh, I guess you are right then.

A bit unlike it, actually, in that in this case I made one off the cuff observation and won't post about it 19 times.

Exactly like it, sorry.

I was willing to move on earlier. Check the thread. Several others kept it going, and I responded to good questions.

Is it the "it appears" that is throwing you? I don't know how you could other read that as anything other than an observational opinion.

Just making a point….

What I brought up about Hader’s usage was my observational opinion too. Lots of “appears” and “possibly” in my thoughts. Yet, it wasn’t received well so some wanted proof, and I was told to move on. Another guy writes about coaches possibly teaching ways to get fouled on a three, and I asked for proof. Same thing.

I basically don't like it in any sport when the objective of the play becomes drawing a penalty. I guess I don't view flags and fouls as something the offense should be looking for, but rather something the defense isn't allowed to do. If you drive to the basket and get hammered, sure, get on the ref if he doesn't blow a whistle, but I dislike:

-Baiting a defender so you can then shoot into his airborne body

-When players stop running so the opposing player runs into him

-Aaron Rodgers trying to draw guys offsides 18 times a game

This stuff isn't going anywhere, but I hate all of it, and particularly in the NBA, I wish they'd change course on this and start calling technicals on the bad acting.