Brewer Fanatic

2021 NBA Finals: Milwaukee Bucks vs Phoenix Suns BUCKS WIN THE TITLE!!!!

homer

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
For as much as Bud gets called out for not making adjustments and rightfully so. The Suns and Hawks didn't make any changes at all after the Bucks took over the series. The Hawks didn't adjust to Lopez or Middleton taking over and the Suns haven't adjusted on offense with Paul at all.

Defensively the Suns finally made an adjustment in game 5 on Middleton but beyond that I am not sure what the Suns have done differently since game 1.

Good point. Bud made some adjustments (as previously mentioned, harrassing Chris Paul has been huge), but the Suns have basically done what everyone has done, and that's "build the wall" and foul Giannis a lot. Obviously fouling Giannis isn't the worst strategy, but in game 5 when both Middleton and Jrue are scoring in volume, that's not going to work. Maybe I'm watching the game through the wrong lens, but I don't see what Phoenix was doing other than "hope they miss" on the midrange jumpers and runners.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure feels like the Bucks are destined to close this thing out on Tuesday, if Lebron and the Lakers had pulled out a couple of wins in dramatic fashion like the Bucks have I would say it is over. But if course these are the Bucks so I always have the we can’t have nice things keeping me fearful of a collapse. Really a great series , it’s too bad the media already declared it lame going in because it isn’t Lakers-Nets so I doubt it will be remembered as it should be by anyone other than Bucks/ Suns fans.

Yeah, I'm not taking it for granted. I hope the players don't. I hope they come out hungry to finish this thing.

ANd... I don't care if anyone outside of WIsconsin cares about the Bucks winning a title. I care, and I know a lot of Bucks fans care. That's what matters, in the end. These guys see how crazy WI is for a contender, and how much we support our teams.

These are professionals so it's not over until it is. But gutting out the Nets, closing Atlanta without Giannis, and last night's epic finish sure feels like a championship team you'll talk about for years to come. I don't see us blowing it now, I can't recall the last time I thought a player wanted something as bad as Giannis wants this, but you still gotta do it.

Yeah, I'm not taking it for granted. I hope the players don't. I hope they come out hungry to finish this thing.

ANd... I don't care if anyone outside of WIsconsin cares about the Bucks winning a title. I care, and I know a lot of Bucks fans care. That's what matters, in the end. These guys see how crazy WI is for a contender, and how much we support our teams.

More people care than you think. Casual NBA fans, no. But I'm in Charleston right now, and when I say I'm from Milwaukee all kinds of people said they stayed up late ( on the East Coast mind you) and watched game 5 to the end. There's lots of love out there for Giannis and tge Bucks across the world.

I'm not sure the crowd Tues will allow them to lose, but yea, they still have to actually win it. Let's not forget, they could have easily lost game 4 at home.

More people care than you think. Casual NBA fans, no. But I'm in Charleston right now, and when I say I'm from Milwaukee all kinds of people said they stayed up late ( on the East Coast mind you) and watched game 5 to the end. There's lots of love out there for Giannis and the Bucks across the world.

I'm not sure the crowd Tues will allow them to lose, but yea, they still have to actually win it. Let's not forget, they could have easily lost game 4 at home.

After rewatching Game 5, I realized that the Bucks just abused Chris Paul. Paul usually started coving Patty C. So all you do is give the ball to the shooter (Holiday or Middleton), make the Patty C pick and make them switch and you got the matchup you want. Patty C then rolls and either gets a layup pass or is great rebounding position. All this without Giannis touching the ball.

I’ve never went down to the Deer District. I thought it’d be a cool experience in such a huge, possibly historic game. I’m just weary of how out of control it might really get down there. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I went to Game 6 against Atlanta, there were about 10k fewer people at that time. While I am glad I got to experience the atmosphere once, here is the reality:

-The Deer District is mostly comprised of 20-somethings out to party. Most of them likely can't name any player not on this year's roster other than Ray Allen.

-The screen is tiny and far away. You are basically sitting there hoping the ball goes in the hoop, but you can't absorb much else.

-It's an objectively terrible way to actually watch the game if you want to actually watch the game

-The crowd is getting out of control. This is more subjective, but my friends went back for a Finals game and left in the 1st quarter because they got nervous about the crowd beginning to swallow them.

-If you have to pee, there is a 75% chance they will not let you back to your spot; this happened to me numerous times in one night and I either had to sneak back in (good luck doing that now) or go all the way back to the entrance, which has been getting closed off the last couple nights.

I would personally not want to be anywhere near that on Tuesday, mostly because it takes literally 3 people and half a second to turn that into chaos. There is more to be said about what Water Street is becoming but I will leave that alone.

You may go and it may work out totally fine. I had my fill of it though.

I went to Game 6 against Atlanta, there were about 10k fewer people at that time. While I am glad I got to experience the atmosphere once, here is the reality:

-The Deer District is mostly comprised of 20-somethings out to party. Most of them likely can't name any player not on this year's roster other than Ray Allen.

-The screen is tiny and far away. You are basically sitting there hoping the ball goes in the hoop, but you can't absorb much else.

-It's an objectively terrible way to actually watch the game if you want to actually watch the game

-The crowd is getting out of control. This is more subjective, but my friends went back for a Finals game and left in the 1st quarter because they got nervous about the crowd beginning to swallow them.

-If you have to pee, there is a 75% chance they will not let you back to your spot; this happened to me numerous times in one night and I either had to sneak back in (good luck doing that now) or go all the way back to the entrance, which has been getting closed off the last couple nights.

I would personally not want to be anywhere near that on Tuesday, mostly because it takes literally 3 people and half a second to turn that into chaos. There is more to be said about what Water Street is becoming but I will leave that alone.

I'll second that. I'd even say the majority of the crowd is younger than 20-somethings because they don't ID to get into the district. I am (relatively) young at 33 and I felt so old down there during game 3. We got there about an hour before game time and spent maybe 15 minutes there before my friend got puked on by a high school kid. We went to the bars instead. MUCH better.

It would be the most Wisconsin thing ever to lose this series in 7 games.

Just sayin' :)

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

It is geared more towards the younger crowd so everything you are saying matches what the experience should be.

I am not sure why anyone would think this would be a good way to watch the game it is basically just one huge block party. There are far better options to watch the game than going to the Deer District or any other block party type of an event.

If you are going to the Deer District it is mainly just for the social experience and really shouldn't be for viewing the game. To me that is just a duh statement and I am having trouble figuring out why someone would even consider going to this if their goal is to watch the game.

It is geared more towards the younger crowd so everything you are saying matches what the experience should be.

I am not sure why anyone would think this would be a good way to watch the game it is basically just one huge block party. There are far better options to watch the game than going to the Deer District or any other block party type of an event.

If you are going to the Deer District it is mainly just for the social experience and really shouldn't be for viewing the game. To me that is just a duh statement and I am having trouble figuring out why someone would even consider going to this if their goal is to watch the game.

Yeah when I went down there earlier in the series I was surprised at how small the screen was. Obviously looks so much bigger when the show the district on TV but its pretty small and low to the ground for how many people are there. We went to Camp Bar to watch and they had a nice set up.

Yeah when I went down there earlier in the series I was surprised at how small the screen was. Obviously looks so much bigger when the show the district on TV but its pretty small and low to the ground for how many people are there. If you are going to watch in the district go to the area where the beer garden is. The screen is MUCH bigger and a WAY better viewing experience.

Didn't they add a 2nd screen on that vacant lot where the Bradley Center used to be?
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Devin Booker is making a good argument for himself, being an incredible shooter while flexing down on Giannis and incessantly whining for calls.

Respectfully, I think this is blown up a bit because he's the opponent. That's 100% part of being a fan invested in your team so I don't begrudge anyone for "hating" Booker but I really don't see anything to really earn the vitriol, he's not doing anything different than Giannis (flexing) or Khris (looking for foul calls).

My personal "hate" is for MU alum Jae Crowder, I've found him frustrating to play against going back a long time, I imagine Bucks opponents have the same feeling about PJ Tucker.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Devin Booker is making a good argument for himself, being an incredible shooter while flexing down on Giannis and incessantly whining for calls.

Respectfully, I think this is blown up a bit because he's the opponent. That's 100% part of being a fan invested in your team so I don't begrudge anyone for "hating" Booker but I really don't see anything to really earn the vitriol, he's not doing anything different than Giannis (flexing) or Khris (looking for foul calls).

My personal "hate" is for MU alum Jae Crowder, I've found him frustrating to play against going back a long time, I imagine Bucks opponents have the same feeling about PJ Tucker.

He is a 6'5 string bean so he looks like an idiot flexing over Giannis while he's laying on the floor, when the guy could get up and grind him to a pulp if he felt like it. It's 100% played up because he's the opponent, but that and his literal constant foul begging makes him pretty annoying.

The Suns fans are worse however. They've been the most insufferable group. It's very odd because the franchise is generally horrible yet they keep getting into fights and just being generally awful.

Yeah, I can't say you're wrong to feel the way you feel. Me personally I just wish he didn't make seemingly every shot he takes I don't really have a problem with him otherwise.

Trae Young on the other hand, extremely hate-able. Booker's not really near the level Young was on for me.

Edited by SeaBass
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Didn't they add a 2nd screen on that vacant lot where the Bradley Center used to be?

There are two extra screens now. One in the Bradley lot and another one in a different spot.

OK. I'm guessing those are less obnoxious than the main area that gets all the TV play.

Yeah, I can't say you're wrong to feel the way you feel. Me personally I just wish he didn't make seemingly every shot he takes I don't really have a problem with him otherwise.

Trae Young on the other hand, extremely hate-able. Booker's not really near the level Young was on for me.

Funny, he bugged me less. He had his cocky fun but seemed like a decent kid in his interviews. I get a giant smug cloud when it comes to Booker.